Organizing Families from Ireland

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2010
      It's interesting to contemplate how we might record all the data we can get from all the Irish family lines in a way that will most easily help us to find connections. I sent an e-mail to the Guild of One Name Studies forum to mine their experience for ideas. I know many of them use vast spreadsheets of BMD information, one row per individual, sortable by columns, and color-coded by families. Others might be using gedcom software to enter the known family fragments as separate branches or trees, hopefully connecting them as connections become apparent. Initially, I wonder if the best we can do is just to scratch it out on paper and see what emerges. In the back of my mind I picture being able to print out every record from the parish records online to help piece it all together, but it may be quite expensive because they charge per record at the Irish Family History Foundation website. Just thinking out loud here.

      Martha