Re: New Findings On the Ireland Front

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2010
      I should clarify that while there is no "hard evidence" of the Cork connection, we do have a participant who has clues in his DNA that he could possibly having an early Irish origin. It does not match the Ely Carroll subgroup, so if he does have an early Irish origin it is different and he somehow acquired the same surname along the way. His page with explanation is here: http://www.bowesonenamestudy.com/dna_project_pages/participants/haplogroup_r1b/r1b1b2a1a/ireland_tipperary_-_bowess/

      Martha