Irish Roots

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2010
      I have rewritten the page about Irish origins of Bowe/s at http://www.bowesonenamestudy.com/findings_2/origins/general_irish.html

      Your feedback welcome.

      Note this, something that hadn't occurred to me until recently:

      "we need to keep in mind that it was common for members of the same sept not to be genetically related. This poses a really interesting possibility ... that we may have lines that are not related genetically, but which share a non-genetic cultural/social/political history tied to the O'Buadhaigh sept!"

      Frank, check out the final section. Probably a super long shot that it would tie in with your NW Ireland roots, but just something to keep in mind ...

      So much work yet to do...