Comments Enabled at One-Name Study Website

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2010
      I debated whether to "clutter" the pages with a comments feature, and decided the benefit of making peoples' thoughts available to viewers who might not join this group outweighed my aesthetic preferences. Most pages at the website now have a comments area. It's open to anyone without signing into anything for now - we'll see how that goes and implement signing in only if absolutely necessary.

      Jeff, if you wish to kick this off, you might paste your last post into the comments system on the census page: http://www.bowesonenamestudy.com/findings_2/distribution_and_frequency/ireland_-_1911_census.html (scroll down) ... up to you.

      Only drawback is some comments might benefit by being a comment there and a post here!

      Next I'll look for an alternative way to record citations so they aren't on the same page, trying to keep a clean look.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2010
        Diane, did you have to register to post your comment at the One-Name Study website? I posted a comment and had to sign in, but I'm not sure if I only had to do that as the moderator of the comments. I set it up so that people could pose "anonymously", but it does appear that they may require your e-mail address, although they won't show the whole address in the comment itself.