Ireland's 1911 Census Results and Discussion at One-Name Study Site

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2010
      ... may interest some of you. As always, I welcome your thoughts!

      http://www.bowesonenamestudy.com/findings_2/distribution_and_frequency/ireland_-_1911_census.html

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2010
        Great work :) we consider too the movements of families over many centuries, rise and fall of some Septs, peoples pushed out of areas. Later the trauma of the Famine and also search for employment, take seasonal work for example it attracted people into Tipperary from Cork. Nothwithstanding that families in Eire have long, possibly ancient, geographical associations, and successive generations indeed can be located to specific regions, one wonders if the relatively rare name of Bowe/Bowes was scattered for a considerable period, not having the security and status of more prominent Septs?