Re: Irish 1911 Census - Frequency and Distribution Data

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2009
      Yep, that's the one I already had the data for:

      "Queenes", Barony of "Ossery": Bowe 10, O Bowe 2

      Kilkenny, Barony of Galmoy: Boe and O Boe 9

      Kilkenny, Barony of Gowran: O Boe 7

      Kilkenny, Barony of Cranngh: O Boe &c 5

      Wexford, Barony of Shelbyrne: O Boe 10

      Tipperary, Barony of Sleavordagh: Boe 7

      Kilkenny, Towne of Callan: "Roger Boe, gent"

      My goal is to eventually have the data from all the possible sources extracted into databases showing representation by regions and variants. I have a mapping CD that pulls England's 1881 census data for our surname(s) into maps by county and poor law union, so that will serve as a decent start for that country, and those maps will be at the one-name study site. I will need a few lifetimes to accomplish all my genealogical aims, which is why I offer a standing invitation for detail-oriented volunteers. Dave Barry's line sticks with me: "There's a very fine line between hobby and mental illness." ;-)