275Re: O'Buoey

    Aug 27, 2011
      Sorry for the long delay ...

      This page at the site is easily confusing. I've reworked it a bit to try to make it more clear and organized. http://www.bowesonenamestudy.com/findings_2/distribution_and_frequency/ireland-2/1466-calendar-of-papal-regi.html

      My thoughts here about whether this Papal Register O'Buoy bunch were early members of the Irish Bowe clan, and whether there might be a historic settlement connection between Tubbrid, Cork, and Tubbrid, Tipperary and Kilkenny, and whether the Papal Register O'Buoy bunch might have come from Scotland (really a flight of fancy!), are just my ideaphoric brain at work absent the kinds of proof it takes to satisfy my finicky brain ;-) But I think you at least get my hypothetical drifts correctly :-)

      Martha

      --- In bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Jeane Robinson" <jbowes110@...> wrote:

      > Martha, I don't undrestand your thinking here, will you expand your thoughts? "Might this be an Irish Bowe progenitor who had a connection to Tubbrid, Cork, and later the Tubbrids of Kilkenny and Tipperary?" I also don't follow Scots part. What variants? Why did you make a connection to Scotland, bc they used the same name?
      > Jeane
      >
      > On the Bowe surname site Martha posted....
      >
      > "1466 Calendar of Papal Registers (3)
      > Since the original of this source is in Latin, we rely on translations. The 1933 version used by British History Online, published by University of London and History of Parliament Trust, gives:
      >
      > 1)
      >
      > 5 Id. April. (2 April.) St. Mark's, Rome. (f. 94.)
> [...]
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic