232Re: Bowes/Maher - Kansas Bowe

    Feb 10, 2011
      This was further down the page:

      "The connection between the BOWES and OTTENI families is through Lawrence A. Bowes when he married Mary Louisa 'Lida' Flemm, daughter of Theresia Otteni and granddaughter of Benedict Otteni. Lawrence and Lida, along with other Bowes family members, migrated [from Ohio] to Kansas City, MO before 1880."

      If you can link to this family your line is most certainly from Johnstown, Kilkenny, the same location where one of the participants in our DNA project belonging to the Ely Carroll subgroup of Bowe/s from Ireland has had family for the last 400 years at least. That in itself wouldn't prove you are related to the Irish Ely Carroll subgroup through your patrilineal Bowes line, but points in that direction.

      Martha

      --- In bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mhbowes11" <mhbowes11@...> wrote:

      > Ann,
      >
      > I just found this Kansas Bowe/s reference: "Lawrence A. Bowes was born on 22 Nov 1837 in Johnstown, County Kilkenny, Ireland, died on 27 Jul 1914 in Louisburg, Miami County, KS at age 76, and was buried in St. Mary Cemetery, Louisburg, Miami County, KS."[http://www.oatney.org/Family_Bowes.htm%5d
      >
      > You may be able to use this information searching vital records in Kansas to find a connection to your family?
      >
      > Martha
      >

      > > --- In bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <ABaugh9618@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi. Interested in finding the parents for John Bowes born c. 1838 Ill. His mother's name was Anna. She remarried to Michael Maher.
      > > > John Bowes name is later found as John Maher Bowes in San Francisco. He married Caroline Ford. Their son was Edward J. Bowes of the "Major Bowes Show".

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic