      From: mhbowes11 <martha.bowes@...>
      Subject: [bowesgenealogy] Re: Irish 1911 Census
      To: bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, 12 June, 2009, 9:02 PM

      Thanks for reminding me of this. I saw that website a long time ago (http://publish. ucc.ie/doi/ atlas?section= N1001F) but they didn't have much data up yet. I've looked it over again and they are primarily using the 1659 census and Griffith's Valuation. I have the data for the 1659 census since our names weren't too common at that time, and for some reason the project is not including all the names that show in the Griffith's Valuation. Ours is not included in the list they are using, at least at this time. I believe it's still a work in progress, so I'll make a note in my calendar to check back in a year or so and see where it stands.

      Martha

      --- In bowesgenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, Allen Bowes <bowes2000@. ..> wrote:

      > I believe the University of Cork has (or is currently) researched and published an historical map of surname frequencies and location. Yer man over in Eire could maybe  tempt them with a stout or two and they may come up with the goods :) Over to you folks, Regards,

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic