156Re: [bowesgenealogy] Irish 1911 Census

    Jun 10, 2009
      I believe the University of Cork has (or is currently) researched and published an historical map of surname frequencies and location. Yer man over in Eire could maybe  tempt them with a stout or two and they may come up with the goods :) Over to you folks, Regards,

      --- On Wed, 10/6/09, mhbowes11 <martha.bowes@...> wrote:

      From: mhbowes11 <martha.bowes@...>
      Subject: [bowesgenealogy] Irish 1911 Census
      To: bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, 10 June, 2009, 1:24 PM

      The latest batch of counties have been added to the Irish 1911 census site (Donegal, Cork, Galway, Wexford and King's County (Offaly). These aren't prominent counties for our surname, but they may be useful searching other Irish lines.

      Among the many projects that needs doing in the one name study project, I am interested in a spreadsheet using this website to tabulate the number of occurrences of our variants in the different counties in 1911. If anyone would be interested in taking this on please let me know. It would be part of the "Frequency and Distribution" portion of our study.

      http://www.census. nationalarchives .ie/about/ newcounties. html

      search form is

      http://www.census. nationalarchives .ie/search/

      Cheers, Martha