      From: bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mhbowes11
      Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:29 PM
      To: bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [bowesgenealogy] Re: New DNA report

      Hi Helen,

      I'm waiting for those remaining markers to see how close the match is at 37. I'm also pulling some info together for you that I have about the other two. Interesting that you match them. In general, Springer's earliest known ancestor emigrated Barbados to Virginia I think, very early. Many Irish went to Barbados in the 1600s, many as slaves and other Catholic Irish just seeking opportunity. If I had to hypothesize (a risky business with this stuff), I think the little circumstantial info might suggest the latter. This Springer represents a "non-paternity event", genetically matching your surname, raised by another. I'd love to be copied on your emails, or at least post back here any conclusions you all draw or progress you make. Your Bowes match has been busy raising young children, so he may not get back right away, but I can fill in there too.

      Martha

      --- In bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "the2maxwells" <2maxwells@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > We have received the results of the 25 marker test - we are having it
      further tested to 37 and perhaps will know more then. There is one match with a genetic distance of 1 but the name is not Bowe - there is another match with a genetic distance of 2 with the name of Bowes - I have sent an email to both of them - will let you know when I hear anything.

      > Helen Maxwell

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic