111Re: [bowesgenealogy] Re: New Academic Study Being Planned for Males from Bowes Area of England ...

    Jan 31, 2009
      forgive me for playing the guitar and having long nails on my right hand which results in typos

      --- On Sat, 31/1/09, mhbowes11 <martha.bowes@...> wrote:
      From: mhbowes11 <martha.bowes@...>
      Subject: [bowesgenealogy] Re: New Academic Study Being Planned for Males from Bowes Area of England ...
      To: bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, 31 January, 2009, 5:33 PM

      Forgive me for not knowing the word "awarte"?

      Can you spell this out a bit. I wonder how Ken uses the term (if you know, or I'll ask
      him). What is misleading about the term? I noted your earlier mention that Danish and AS
      DNA is hard to distinguish.

      Thanks.

      --- In bowesgenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, Allen Bowes <bowes2000@. ..> wrote:

      > not really, we have to awarte of the misleading term 'anglo-saxon' ,

      Bowes Area of England ...
      > To: bowesgenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      > Date: Saturday, 31 January, 2009, 5:24 PM
      >

      > Meaning most Anglo-Saxons who went to S. England came directly from Germany,
      while
      > some Anglo-Saxons who had migrated up to Denmark, then came down into N.
      England,
      > making a heavier influx in S. England, with a smaller but significant percentage in N.
      > England?
      >
      > --- In bowesgenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, Allen Bowes <bowes2000@ ..> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hold on to the fact that the name Bowes is strongly attached to North
      > Yorkshire/Durham, which just happened to have experienced considerable Danish
      influx
      > during the 8th to 10th Centuries

      Yorkshire,

      "