description of trijunction at kaye ranch

  • Aletheia Kallos
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2012
      while waiting to learn how the buyer reacts to our claims of unevictabilty
      i continue to study the full plat of the 73 acre ranch
      & find all available maps substantially agree
      the ranch land comprises 2 polygons
      namely
      an unusually shaped 68 acre main unit of fully private land on which the main house & various fully private outbuildings stand
      &
      fully separated from this main unit by a fully public road
      a 5 acre trapezoidal exclave
      with 2 cottages standing on it
      specially zoned since 1989 as a rent control compound
      jane & i live in one of these cottages
      &
      the land attaching to our cottage is not so clearly divided from the land attaching to the other cottage as is the rent control compound as a whole from the totally private ranch zone
      in fact it appears there is no formal subdivision of the cottage territory at all
      & the lands attaching to the cottages are separated from each other only by a de facto frontier comprising an unruly hedgerow that ends at roadside in japanese barberry overgrown with wild grape
      thus a highly unusual trijunction or rather triple frontier can be identified
      of a manor & its pair of remote hovels standing on a compound lot
      the geographical trijunction
      comprising a rather pure eruption of everyones land
      is an oblong shaped projection of the hedgerow running lengthwise across the road & right of way
      this rectangle happens to have a cattle fence for its south side
      & a mailbox post for its northwest corner
      from which all 3 of its other corners can be inferred or extrapolated
      hypothetical median lines might be used to project a sort of eez tripoint where the center of kaye road intersects the projection of the hedgerow midline
      so i think as far as the hague or hamburg might be concerned
      any road meat for example or any windfall from a nearby apple tree say or a passing brinks truck that lands & is found northeast of this point would most likely belong to me & jane
      the political makeup of the trijunction is not so clear tho
      this is because one of the 2 hovels has been occupied since 1990 by the caretaker of the ranch
      & has thus come to be called & considered the caretakers cottage
      but only de facto
      while remaining de jure within the town rent control stock
      & confusion erupted into everyones land last week when the prospective new owner of the ranch kindly informed the old ranch hand he would soon be out of a job
      & that his home would naturally be needed for the new caretaker to occupy
      oops
      & this on her way to our hovel where she has promised to appear in a few more days
      & which is the one she really appears to appreciate most of all & to desire for herself to occupy & work & reside in first & foremost of all the buildings on the 73 acre ranch