Re: [boundarypointpoint] ETKESD

  • aletheia kallos
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2011
      haha
      thanx
      gesundheit & fahrenheit to us both
      brgysr too

      On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:24 PM, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...> wrote:

      well it is even more fatuous than usual to guess at a location that doesnt even exist yet

      but is only yet to be determined

      but happily we are within the same degmin anyway
      & in fact only a few hundred meters from each other

      also within a single degmin & probably the same degmin with us are the ethiopian border post & d23 pillar on the topo

      the former i take to be the only little group of buildings visible in the entire moonscape

      measuring off about 400m south from them as the topo shows from border post to d23
      which is so famously at or near this yet to be determined position
      gives me my latest precision guess
      luckily situated in or near the biggest grove of trees anywhere in sight

      in fact the presence of shade & water could well be why they put the marker there in the first place if they did

      but we just lull ourselves to pleasant dreams forever believing the latest map we have seen

      On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Jesper Nielsen <jesper@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Jesper Nielsen included below]

      The Borderbase Google Earth revision for version 11.1 has now reached ETKESD.

      Attached 100k KE map.

      Well, have a look and think for yourself.

      Jesper

    • Jesper
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2011
        Whats wrong with BRGYSR?

        --- In boundarypointpoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...> wrote:

        > haha
        > thanx
        > gesundheit & fahrenheit to us both
        > brgysr too
        >
        > On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:24 PM, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>wrote:
        >

        > > well it is even more fatuous than usual to guess at a location that doesnt
        > > even exist yet
        > > but is only yet to be determined
        > >
        > > but happily we are within the same degmin anyway
        > > & in fact only a few hundred meters from each other
        > >
        > > also within a single degmin & probably the same degmin with us are the
        > > ethiopian border post & d23 pillar on the topo
        > >
        > > the former i take to be the only little group of buildings visible in the
        > > entire moonscape
        > >
        > > &
        > > measuring off about 400m south from them as the topo shows from border post
        > > to d23
        > > which is so famously at or near this yet to be determined position
        > > gives me my latest precision guess
        > > luckily situated in or near the biggest grove of trees anywhere in sight
        > >
        > > in fact the presence of shade & water could well be why they put the marker
        > > there in the first place if they did
        > >
        > > but we just lull ourselves to pleasant dreams forever believing the latest
        > > map we have seen
        > >

        > > On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Jesper Nielsen <jesper@...>wrote:
        > >

        > >> [Attachment(s) <#12ddf0c0693fc83c_12dde47f0a9c7349_TopText> from Jesper
        > >> Nielsen included below]
        > >>
        > >> The Borderbase Google Earth revision for version 11.1 has now reached
        > >> ETKESD.
        > >>

        > >> Attached 100k KE map.
        > >>
        > >> Well, have a look and think for yourself.
        > >>

        > >> Jesper

      • Jesper Nielsen
        Message 3 of 15 , May 25, 2011

        I found this map in a local library, scanned and stitched it.

        It’s 1972 KE map of ETKESD classic with Ilemi triangle scale 250k

        Jesper

      • aletheia kallos
        Message 4 of 15 , May 25, 2011
          hmm
          looks like the nonexistent tripoint may be only 50 or 100 meters south of a water tank
          worth bearing in mind
          especially if anyone ever goes looking for it & gets thirsty

          but like what was there for you to stitch
          & to what
          a nonspuriously inexact triangle perhaps
          loosely surrounding the entire neighborhood

          also
          in case this tank is empty & the police have mummified
          the next closest water tank & police post
          namely todenyang due south of namuruputh
          is where the recent etke clashes took place

          but for me the most interesting thing about this map is the depiction of the ilemi limits

          as you know
          we have just been assuming the accuracy of this crude sketch

          but if you look closely at the true red line as shown on your topo
          it is really very much more like the following lightly dashed line
          nynagatommap

          & you can plainly see southwest of kokuro on both of what i would call the good maps
          the later red line actually dips below the violet maud delimitation
          tho the maud line is not fully shown on the topo
          in a way that is strikingly similar to the halaib & bir tawil triangles of egsd
          aka no mans land cum dispute quadripoint
          tho here there are 3 countries at least potentially involved rather than just 2

          so voila
          the kacheriangorr or kangamanang triangle
          take your pick if one is any more likeable than the other
          & a real triangle properly so called for once

          & since the topo is kenyan & seems to believe in the red line
          & since sudan traditionally appears to believe in the maud line
          & ethiopians have so far raided no closer than 20 or 30 miles from this triangle
          it does very much look like we are beginning to have here the only triple or true no mans land in the world
          all the others being actually only dual or neither mans lands
          like bir tawil & the 2 others on caus in dixon entrance
          & another one i may recently have found on khth near preah vihear

          or else actually everyones lands
          as in antarctica & the high seas

          but more research is needed
          & caution too
          since these are the only 2 maps i have seen that show this triangle at all
          & since there are historically 2 different red lines that may be confused etc
          so stay tuned for a follow up
          but for now it sure looks as tho we may have a true singularity & a true novelty here
          to accompany the half dozen also preciously rare but less singular cases we are aware of

          certainly any brownlie maps or data would be most welcome too if anyone can find & beam anything up