cnkpru may really be a pair of trijunctions with cn exclave

  • aletheia kallos
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
      yes get ready for cnkprun & cnkprus
      i kid you not
      because cnkpru alone doesnt really do this trijunction justice

      but first
      please feast your eyes on this previously unreported but now best known topo
      & cause of the likely breakthru
      especially the point or tiny stitch 4 or 5 miles up the tumen river from the place we have been calling cnkpru
      where an amazing border thing is depicted

      russia reaches the tumen & even dips into it there
      if you can believe your eyes

      & recall also if you would what we used to think
      relying on this previously best available topo
      on which russia is shown coming mighty close to the tumen there
      yet only so close as to amaze us by such a hairline chicken neck & weird proruption of china
      but not to reveal a possible extra tripoint

      but in any case this new quirk immediately sent me packing for its cause & meaning & true extent
      first to the ibs
      which happily also turned up some new revelations

      for on digesting pages 11 & 14 & 16 one can easily understand
      the tripoint was originally fixed & demarcated here these 4 miles upstream by a wooden cnru marker in 1861
      but china & cnru were extended in 1886 by means of a single extra marker down to the presently acknowledged trijunction point
      thanx to that wild & crazy proruption extending between the 2 tripoints

      & this newer cnru sector evidently just follows a prolongation of the same ridge line as the older terminal sector did
      judging both from topography & the cnru marker numbering
      which begins or picks up on the 100k soviet topo at number 3 where the boundary leaves this ridge line
      presumably allowing for numbers 2 & 1 at the old & new trijunction locations respectively

      but the point is
      the old trijunction of 1861 has never ceased to exist
      so far as i can tell
      at least at the demarcated point upon the riverbank
      even if cnru does not actually extend into the river there any more as it once did
      at least hypothetically
      in the absense of any kpru agreement til 1985
      & as it is still shown to do on the 100k scale topo
      however questionably

      for since we believe the tumen above cnkpru or now cnkprus is a cnkp condo
      just like the delu river condos
      & which has previously caused us to identify cnkpru as a triline rather than merely a tripoint
      per
      then we can also believe that if cnru so much as touches the tumen 4 miles above the triline
      it must thereby produce a cnkprun tripoint there at the very least
      even if there is doubt that it still runs into the river as shown on the 100k

      for i do doubt cnru actually penetrates the river & the cnkp condo there
      but i dont see how i can doubt that cnru touches the river & the condo at a single demarcated riverbank point

      of course if russia really does penetrate the river even a little there as shown
      then cnkprun is another triline just like cnkprus
      but there is not sufficient evidence to jump to so much hysteria just yet

      for now i am content to call the former cnkpru triline the cnkprus triline
      & to call the newfound trijunction 4 miles above it just the cnkprun tripoint
      & to call the bit of china added in 1886 a true exclave
      on the model of no less than jungholz

      but a jungholz with a condo twist

      & in fact more than one twist
      because the latest sky pic shows a chinese levee road actually running out into the river condo just where it would need to skirt any russian riverbank land or point

      but the fact that the causeway & levee effectively narrow the river there does not automatically mean they narrow the legal condo
      from the natural riverbank to the artificial flood control embankment
      & thereby move it out of reach of russia so to say by inserting a little extra pure china sans condo there in the little lake or back channel created by the levee

      that is
      unless we find some legal stipulation to that effect

      & so long as we dont
      then i am prepared to believe in the great probability of a bonus cnkprun tripoint
      which i have in fact tried to nail punctiliously on the above sky pic

      whether the tricountry registry will buy it as official united nations tripoint number 177 is another question

    • aletheia kallos
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
        whoops gremlins & apologies
        corrected cnkprun guess is shown here
        trust me

        --- In boundarypointpoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > land or point
        > but the fact that the causeway & levee effectively narrow the river there
        > does not automatically mean they narrow the legal condo
        > from the natural riverbank to the artificial flood control embankment
        > & thereby move it out of reach of russia so to say by inserting a little
        > extra pure china sans condo there in the little lake or back channel created
        > by the levee
        > that is
        > unless we find some legal stipulation to that effect
        > & so long as we dont
        > then i am prepared to believe in the great probability of a bonus cnkprun
        > tripoint
        > which i have in fact tried to nail punctiliously on the above sky pic
        > whether the tricountry registry will buy it as official united nations

      • Jesper Nielsen
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2010

          How do you put the marker (A) on the Google maps link?

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2010
            it is a real trick
            & i hope you realize i got the one that is still attached & highlighted below totally wrong
            & for totally unrelated reasons at that
            but
            it is just arithmetical trial & error with an ordinary google search form
            clicking the maps button after typing the geocoords more & more tightly in decimalized degrees only
            until you get the pointer just where you want it at the highest zoom level

            note how the one that is attached below shows exact lat & long in the url
            down to 7 decimal places
            which was arbitrary since 6 places is usually plenty

            but thats how you have to enter it in the form rather than in degminsec
            tho it gives it back in degminsecdec too at upper left for some reason

            always type latitude first & then a comma & a space & then longitude

            prefix negative sign for south latitude & west longitude

            use as many decimal places as you like or none at all

            but the more decimal places you use
            the greater the potential exactitude
            of course