small green soda? bottle

  • gerdan100
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      One heavy green bottle, thick glass, blown-in-mold, with 2 mold lines, quite a few bubbles and an uneven layer of glass on the bottom which looks like a ski slope. It has a 10 panel flat section around the lower area, about 1 ½ inches up the sides, and is marked 26 underneath. It comes with an odd metal closure. The closure is broken in half, looks to have had a rubber stopper on one end. The bottle is round, has a fat blob top and measures 6 ½ inches in height. On one side is raised lettering: M O Connor, Montville, N J. At first glance I'd guess it to be a soda or mineral water bottle. But I have no references which shows this specific bottle. There is one small chip on the inner top rim.

      A second bottle is included, since they were found together in a Victorian house: clear, 8 ½ inches tall, flat octagonal; looks to have had a screw top. It has raised lettering on the front, going longwise: I Rawleigh's, and along the bottom in the front: Bottle made in U.S.A.; and a number 4 underneath. No damage.

      Again, any help with age, rarity, value, etc. greatly appreciated. Also any idea about the closure for the green bottle. Is my assessment correct? Or is it missing pieces other than a rubber stopper?
      I've had these stored away at least 40 years.