IP/OP

  • Jim Lockmiller
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 3.2 MB
    Hi All,

    I recently acquired an aqua Pittsburgh double eagle flask that appears to have an open or blowpipe pontil mark under an iron pontil mark.  I've been collecting for over 40 years and I've never seen anything like this and I'd like to know if anyone else has.  Also any thoughts as to why this would have been done would be of interest.  My only thought is that the flask was blown during the transition between OP and IP and the OP may have broken off before they were finished and there was an IP ready to go.  I've attached a picture of the mark.  If attachment doesn't work please use one of the following links:

    Thanks for your thoughts
    Jim Lockmiller