Barber Bottle

  • Marian
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2011
      Anyone on this group know anything about Barber Bottles? I got one at an auction this weekend in a shelf lot and was told it was a barber bottle. I can post photo as soon as I get it cleaned a bit.

      Marian
    • Pamela Hegedus
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2011
        Marian,

        I have had a few which I sold on ebay.  Do post it when you can.

        Pam (Bottlecindy)

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2011
          I have posted photos of the Barber Bottle under file Marian. They are the numbered photos. It is a very, very pale blue and has a triangle embossed on the bottom with a W or M in the center. The cap is metal.
        • Pamela Hegedus
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2011
            Hello, Marian,

            I cannot tell too well on age etc. but this bottle appears to be early 1900's...maybe the 20's. It looks clear to me, with maybe a tint of possibly turning a little purple from the light exposure.  I am not certain of the markings on the base and usually don't get too involved finding out who made a bottle. Guess it is not my "thing", as much as just collecting is for me.  Sorry I cannot be of more assistance. I usually find the colored and milk glass barber bottles, but have one which is clear with a label under glass from our local town here in Susquehanna Pa.

            Best of luck collecting.

            I have been digging each week and we are heading out in the morning for more digging and exploring adventures.  Is anyone else out digging as of lately?

            Pam (Bottlecindy)