biscuit jar?

  • Marian
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      I have added another photo to my photo file - Marian - is this a biscuit jar? It has no seam, no markings, appears to be the barley twist, and is indented in bottom as if hand blown. The color is light aqua.
    • Pamela Hegedus
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011

        Hello, Marian:

        I just checked out the photo of your jar. How old do you think it is?   Any history on where it was obtained? What is on the base--is it flat, any numbers, letters, etc?   You mention it is indented. Is there a round circle or anything rough on the base?  Any bubbles in the glass?  Is there a seam along the sides and if so, does it go all the way up to the top of the jar?   I cannot tell for sure, but am not sure how old it is. I know Italian glass makers and other companies in the USA and other countries made some decorative bottles and jars, which are attractive and can be found at Pier One and other shops.  The photo does not clearly show the details and it does look pretty clean and shiny, which is why I ask.

        Pam (Bottlecindy)

        I have added another photo to my photo file - Marian - is this a biscuit jar? It has no seam, no markings, appears to be the barley twist, and is indented in bottom as if hand blown. The color is light aqua.

      • Lawrence Gardner
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011

          I got it at an estate sale today, so do not know the history.  The base is indented with no numbers, letters, etc.  The glass is duller there and there is a little raised line, like a glass drip.   The glass has bubbles and there are no seams anywhere.  It has some scratches and appears aged, but no chips or breaks.   I do not believe it to be newer and do think it is hand blown.  The swirls in the body resemble the barley twist but not tight.