The Current State of the Bottle Hobby

  • Pamela Hegedus
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
      Hello, Group:

      I hope this comes out alright here. I just wanted to forward this on as a point of interest.

      Is everyone digging?  Fall is the best time for getting out there in the dumps and doing some serious digging.  I did a lot of digging this season and have a dig planned for this coming Saturday.  Flea markets have also been good with a few keepers and a good amount of sale bottles (or resale) for my ebay.

      Pam (Bottlecindy)

      Bottle Hobby
       The Current State of the Bottle Hobby
      by: Jeff Wichmann

      As Stated in a Speech given by Jeff Wichmann August 7, 2010 At the FOHBC conference in Wilmington, Ohio.

      Did you know that in the 1970's bottle collecting was one of the most popular hobbies in America? Yep. Right up there with stamps and coins. But of course bottle collecting started much earlier than that. Let's take a look...
      read more ...
      Safe Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to horsesruscindy@... by info@....
      American Bottle Auctions | 2523 J. Street | Suite 203 | Sacramento | CA | 95816

    • Har
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2010
        The weather is getting nice for digging. Could not get out because of the heat. Takeing 18 days vacation at the end of the month. Some work around the house then out to dig.

        --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Hegedus <horsesruscindy@...> wrote:

        > Hello, Group:
        >
        > I hope this comes out alright here. I just wanted to forward this on as a point of interest.
        >
        > Is everyone digging?  Fall is the best time for getting out there in the dumps and doing some serious digging.  I did a lot of digging this season and have a dig planned for this coming Saturday.  Flea markets have also been good with a few keepers and a good amount of sale bottles (or resale) for my ebay.
        >
        > Pam (Bottlecindy)

        > The Current State of the Bottle Hobby
        > by: Jeff Wichmann
        >

        > As Stated in a Speech given by Jeff Wichmann August 7, 2010 At the FOHBC conference in Wilmington, Ohio.
        >
        > Did you know that in the 1970's bottle collecting was one of the most popular hobbies in America? Yep. Right up there with stamps and coins. But of course bottle collecting started much earlier than that. Let's take a look... read more ...

        > Forward email
        >

        > This email was sent to horsesruscindy@... by info@...
        > Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.
        >
        > Email Marketing by
        > American Bottle Auctions | 2523 J. Street | Suite 203 | Sacramento | CA | 95816

      • Shield of Peace
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2010
          I went out today because we've had some very monsoon like rain for the last week or so and that always makes it easier to find a few poking out of the dried creek bed. Sure enough, I got a 1 quart milk/cream and a very cute little clear glass ink, about 2 ounces or so. No embossing and both post-1903. Nothing that will win me the bottle lotto but they were fun to find. A few heartbreakers too - a broken crystal wine glass, shards of what was probably an interesting bitters and the bottom of a wine bottle. These people were living large back in the day, I was finding oyster shells and big gigantic ham or beef bones.

          Eileen