New Record!

  • Pamela Hegedus
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
      Hello, All:

      I found this interesting and am forwarding it to you for your interest.

      Anyone digging?   I went today and have been out a few times this spring. Nothing out ofg the ordinary find-wise as of yet.

      Pam (Bottlecindy)

      Norm's Firecracker

      Heckler Auctions Sets New World Antique Bottle Auction Record!

      A New World's record for the highest selling bottle at auction was set in the Norm Heckler auction today, April 1, 2010. The bottle is referred to as the "firecracker flask" because of the names of John Adams and Thomas Jefferson embossed on the medial ridge of the flask along with the date of 1776. Adams and Jefferson both died on the 4th of July 1773. This flask is in commemoration of that event. Most importantly, this example is one of the few known in the color blue. The hammer came down at $76,000, which along with the 17% buyers premium comes to a tidy $88,920.

      The bottle was listed thusly; Lot

      61 "General Washington" and Bust - "T.W. D." and Eagle Portrait Flask, Kensington Glass Works, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 1820-1840. Brilliant deep sapphire blue, inward rolled mouth - pontil scar, pint. GI-14 Exceptional color in this "firecracker" flask. Strong impression and extremely rare color. A great bottle in every way. Ex William Pollard collection, Warren C. Lane, Jr. collection.

      Other great bottles were included in the sale and once again it points out the amazing interest in rare and desirable antique bottles hitting the auction block. Heckler Auctions is located out of Woodstock, Connecticut and the auction catalog can be viewed at http://www.hecklerauction.com/Auction89/olcatalog/db_paging.asp

      The new record beats the old record set by American Bottle Auctions for the sale of a Bryant's cone shaped Bitters. That bottle came to $68,750, a record in 1999.

      Safe Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to horsesruscindy@... by info@....
      American Bottle Auctions | 2523 J. Street | Suite 203 | Sacramento | CA | 95816

    • austin f
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2010
        Holy cow! almost getting to three six figures!
        I have a record to, as I went digging on my birthday this weekend. Dug 210 crown caps in a 3x4 foot hole (one foot deep) Will report more on finds later...had a great dig!

        Austin.

        TPX Preview:
        There are 1200 Worlds....Some of them are ruled by the Isrets, Some of them are ruled by the Yahg. But most worlds are ruled by the Common…but yet there are some worlds that are lost, forgotten and abandon. But some of these worlds that were forgotten and lost gave birth to a new way—and a new life. That world is…OUR WORLD.
        For thousands and thousands of years a war raged outside Our World and we didn’t know, but all that is about to come to an end so very soon. The way has been made for one—the Free One—who was written about in the Ancient Prophecies to come forth from the forgotten and lost world.
        The epic battle for Love, Truth, Freedom and the unprecedented power of Forever has only begun when two boys find their destiny, a destiny that is deep in the history of thousands of worlds…and only they can lead their race and people to freedom, and into the power of the unknown, as well as the lasting saga of time itself.

        And so, the Legend is born…

        This email was sent to horsesruscindy@ yahoo.com by info@americanbottle .com.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13, 2010
          That is some dig, Austin!  Nothing like that here.  I have been digging and got out twice last week.  I met one of the bottlecollector's folks and did some digging.   Of all things, I found a WW2 medal in the dump, right to the side of where I was digging.   How it ended up tossed in there is beyond me.   I plan to maybe get out for a couple of hours tomorrow or Thursday. Hubby just had his other knee replaced yesterday so I have a forty minute drive to see him each day and am still getting over whatever it was that hit me last week with terrible chest congestion and feeling unwell.   The weather has been super here in northern Pa. for the most part.

          Pam (Bottlecindy)

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 13, 2010
          My finds have been pretty small so far. A 1920s or 30's soda from a place I never heard of, Sessler's Beverages in Glenwood Landing. A really tiny milk glass cold cream jar for a woman's purse - it's about the size of a shot glass. A red/orange/yellow Akro Aggie marble, again probably 20s/30s vintage. So far the star of the collection this year is the 1890's light bulb. :)

          --
          Anyone who fails to see the historical parallels between Blackwater and the Nazi SS, or the Department of Homeland Security and the Gestapo, needs a serious reality check.
        • Pamela Hegedus
          Message 5 of 5 , Apr 13, 2010
            Sounds like a good start to the digging season.  I love finding marbles, and have quite a collection of just ones I have found.     Good luck with your future digs.

            Pam