Welcome New Members

  • Pamela Hegedus
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 4, 2007
      Hello,
      I just want to welcome all of you who have recently joined, and maybe
      did not receive a formal greeting welcoming you. I hope you will enjoy
      our friendly forum and will feel comfortable here, and feel free to ask
      questions, begin an album and share pictures as well as stories of
      bottle finds, dug or otherwise.

      If any of us can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

      Pam Hegedus (Bottlecindy), Fred and Jim Sinsley (Moderators)
    • art
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 4, 2007
        Hi Pam, Thanks for the welcome. I'm a novice bottle
        collector, just kind of getting started, thought I'd
        check out this group and see how it goes. Art

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Pamela Hegedus
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 4, 2007
          Hello, Art:

          This group is a combination of seasoned collectors, newbies to the bottle world, as well as  diggers, inherited bottle collection folks, those who buy their bottle additions, and just those whom love old glass.  Feel free to share.
          I hope we can make this a interesting and enjoyable forum for all.

          Pam

          art <as2200wsrw@...> wrote:

          Hi Pam, Thanks for the welcome. I'm a novice bottle
          collector, just kind of getting started, thought I'd
          check out this group and see how it goes. Art

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Austin's Soda Saloon
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 5, 2007
            Check it out, my friend found the "Holy Grail" of bottles this year. What a sweet find....YES it is a QUART WOW!!! The bottle gods were good to him for his persistance!

            art <as2200wsrw@yahoo. com> wrote:

            Hi Pam, Thanks for the welcome. I'm a novice bottle
            collector, just kind of getting started, thought I'd
            check out this group and see how it goes. Art

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

            Minnesota Hutches Wanted! 73 of the 90 towns in Minnesota and counting. The most complete town-by-town to date! Hutchlord@...

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Pamela Hegedus
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 5, 2007
              Nice find. I love those embossed whiskey flasks and collect them. I have a few quarts, but the pints usually turn up more often.  What does it say?

              Pam

              Pamela Hegedus <horsesruscindy@ yahoo.com> wrote:
              Hello, Art:

              This group is a combination of seasoned collectors, newbies to the bottle world, as well as  diggers, inherited bottle collection folks, those who buy their bottle additions, and just those whom love old glass.  Feel free to share.
              I hope we can make this a interesting and enjoyable forum for all.

              Pam

              art <as2200wsrw@yahoo. com> wrote:

              Hi Pam, Thanks for the welcome. I'm a novice bottle
              collector, just kind of getting started, thought I'd
              check out this group and see how it goes. Art

              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

              Minnesota Hutches Wanted! 73 of the 90 towns in Minnesota and counting. The most complete town-by-town to date! Hutchlord@yahoo. com
              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Austin's Soda Saloon

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 8, 2007
                  And I thought I found the Holy grail of bottles, oh well there could
                  be two holy grails I guess lol. Rick
                • Pamela Hegedus

                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 9, 2007
                      I dont think Greg would like he title THE JUG LADY Bhahahah!!!
                    • Pamela Hegedus
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 9, 2007
                        He (Greg) told me when I wrote the story for the magazine (ABGC) that I should have all the jugs lined up and a picture of Pamela Anderson!  I told him that would go over big with the men in who get the bottle mag. but not the ladies and surely not the kids (their parents would have a fit!)   So, I wrote it plain and had regular pics of the crocks and stoneware jugs.

                        Pam

                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 30, 2007
                          Hello and welcome to all new members. I know I have accepted at least
                          two in the last day. Welcome to all of you, new or old. Have a great
                          and healthy New Year.

                          Pam Hegedus (Bottlecindy)
                        • Kevin
                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 31, 2007
                            Thanks for the welcome Pam! That was very nice of you.

                            This is a great time to introduce myself.

                            My name is Kevin and I live in Horn Lake, MS. The upper Northwestern
                            part of the state, maybe five minutes South of Memphis, TN. I grew up
                            in Hernando, MS. In the Desoto County area. Plenty of old house sites
                            and a ton of places to do some digging.

                            That is where my love for old bottles started. Desoto county. I love
                            this area. Some beautiful places to see and plenty to do with Memphis
                            just a little North from us.

                            I did my actual first bottle dig when I was 17. (34 years old now). I
                            was hooked after finding my first jar, an old cobalt blue pint Atlas
                            jar in perfect condition. I was amazed that I dug something that old
                            up and it had no flaws, well no flaws but plenty of beautiful bubbles
                            in the glass. No lie, I was hooked for life. I have dug up many
                            different types of bottles and jars since. But as I have gotten older
                            and have a career to follow, the digging adventures have all but
                            stopped. Now I get my bottles at antique stores and flea markets, and
                            of course the occasional yard sale. I vow to renew my passion of
                            bottle hunting though. I miss the days of tying a rope around my waist
                            and to the nearest tree and climbing down inside old cistrons (sp?)/
                            dried up outhouse holes. There are plenty of treasures to found at the
                            bottom of those pits. I thought it was kinda gross at first, but those
                            sites have long since dried up and turned to dirt, LOL, so have never
                            experienced anything nasty.

                            Old items like bottles and jars, are great for decorating but they all
                            have some great stories to tell too. I plan on passing mine on to my
                            only niece, I just hope she has the same appreciation for them as I
                            have.

                            Thanks for allowing me to join the group, I look forward to reading
                            about the adventures you guys have experienced.

                            Have a great New Year all!

                            Kevin

                            > Hello and welcome to all new members. I know I have accepted at
                            least
                            > two in the last day. Welcome to all of you, new or old. Have a
                            great
                            > and healthy New Year.
                            >
                            > Pam Hegedus (Bottlecindy)

                          • Pamela Lynn Hegedus
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 23, 2008
                              I just wanted to welcome all new members and say we are glad you
                              joined our bottle group. Please feel free to share your finds, ask
                              questions (although we sure do not have all the answers!) post
                              pictures (start an album) and anything else relating to old glass.

                              "Oldies", please share some of your year's finds with us whether
                              digging or exploring the flea markets for old bottles.

                              Pam Hegedus (Bottlecindy)
                            • Pamela Lynn Hegedus
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 12 10:17 PM
                                Hello,
                                I would just like to welcome the new members. I see a few have decided to join us. I hope you enjoy this bottle club and will feel free to share pictures, digging or finding stories, and ask questions. We do not have all the answers, but we are interested in hearing what you have to say concerning old glass.

                                Glad to have you.
                                Pam Hegedus (Bottlecindy) Moderator

                                If Fred or myself can be of help in any way, do feel free to contact us personally.
                              • Pamela (Bottlecindy)
                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 11, 2012
                                  Welcome to all new members, and hope we can bring you some bottle information, digging stories (perhaps) and share our joy of old glass.

                                  Spring is here and with it, digging, flea markets and yard sales, so get out and enjoy this time of the year, and let us know what you find along the way. This goes for all members. It's been a bit silent here lately--too silent.

                                  Pam (Bottlecindy)