Bottle question

  • pontil_dude
    Message 1 of 1102 , Aug 14, 2000
      My resources are somewhat limited, and I'm trying
      to find out if anyone has a listing for a bottle
      I've had for awhile. The more I look at it, the more I
      like it. It may be an unlisted specimen, but that
      seems unlikely, as turn-mold bottles are pretty sturdy.
      dark olive green, turn-mold bottle with a crudely
      applied sloping collar lip with bead beneath. It has a
      slightly bulbous neck, although I wouldn't say it's
      prominent enough to be called a "lady's leg" neck. I'd
      guess it's mid-1870s to mid-1880s, but that's just a
      guess. It is nicely etched "White Label/Kansas City,
      Mo." Maybe it's what Kendrick refers to as a
      "champagne beer." Again, I'm speculating. <br><br>Does
      anyone have a listing for this thing? I've looked in the
      6 guides I have and--nothing. Any help would be
      greatly appreciated. My next option is to contact the
      Kansas City library.<br><br>Pontil Dude
    • garrett helms
      Message 1102 of 1102 , Mar 2, 2006
        --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Rector
        <mister_monkeyboy13@...> wrote:

        > --- garrett helms <read_red_black@...> wrote:
        >
        > > --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, BSassy2
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Very disappointed in the dig...there were lots of
        > > > little spots where people had dumped, but too
        > > recent for
        > > > any good finds, just recyclable soda bottles and
        > > > junk. I did find one "no deposit no return" Dr.
        > > Pepper
        > > > bottle...haven't seen one of those in years. It's
        > > clear and has
        > > > the circle with 10-2-4 in it. If anyone knows the
        > > > date on this, please leave me a message. Better
        > > luck
        > > > next time....
        > > >
        > > this bottles were around in the mid 1950's
        > >
        > > Howdy,
        > I thought the DR Peppers were a little later like
        > the mid 60s up to about 1970.
        > Monk
        > >i have two of the same bottles and a picture that is dipicting
        a1950s general store and on the wall is a dr pepper cap with 10,2,4
        on it