Re: my "hutchlord" bottle video...

  • watchbay
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 1 8:45 AM
      Austin, great video! I see a little of all us treasure collectors in
      it! Any chance you could email it to me so I could show my friends?
      Sam
    • Austin's Soda Saloon
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 1 6:20 PM
        sure i can sometime but it is a huge file probably 100 MB or so. they get big when they are that long...I have been doing short movies for the past year and they take up ALOT of room!

        Austin

        watchbay <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        Austin, great video! I see a little of all us treasure collectors in
        it! Any chance you could email it to me so I could show my friends?
        Sam

        Minnesota Hutches Wanted! 73 of the 90 towns in Minnesota and counting. The most complete town-by-town to date! Hutchlord@...

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...

      • Austin's Soda Saloon
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 1 6:29 PM
          I like your Jackson Pa Quart Hutch story! Thats great! I will keep my eyes open as alot of PA bottles seam to pop up in our state probably from imagrants coming this way 100 years ago. I have a few PA bottles in my collection, but they are all HFC (tooled or Hand Finised Crowns) I have one from Gipsy PA which is a tiny town and had a hard time finding it! I have another from Pottsville PA and one from York PA in MINT shape. I have a quart HFC from Towanda PA and a buetifull greenish quart from Phili too. I think thats about it! Of course you never know....Funny all of these have come localy (the York one from Iowa bottle guy) I never bought a single one on ebay. I have five New York bottles too that all were found here. The best one is a Kickerbocker that came out of a ancient house's attic in Stillwater and has the 1848 date on it. I thought it was a local soda that looks like it and my eyes buldged out of there sockets...still a sweeeet find at $28.00!!
          Well lets keep talking...I will see what my friend has for PA bottles too !

          Pamela Hegedus <horsesruscindy@...> wrote:
          Hey, Austin:
          I don't know the name, but then Pa. is a big state. I used to be into the bottle shows and even displaying before I got married (in the early 70's) and met quite a few of the oldtimers then, who are more than likely deceased today. I would love to get back into it that way, but lack the money or the time. My husband is not a bottle collector and is home weekends and that's when most of the shows are, and I hate to get up and just take off then since he is only home then.  Therefore, aside from my ebay dealings, I am not that sure who is out there and collecting what nowadays.  I know a friend of mine, and retired digger locally, found a quart size hutchinson from our tiny town of Jackson Pa. (in Susquehanna county) and it is the only one known.  This town is so small with no stores at all other than a couple of antique/gift shops.  However, 100 years ago, there was a budding hotel, store, blacksmith shop, and so on, as well as a couple of one room schoolhouses, and the Jackson Hotel was a big tourist and local place for gathering, playing cards, or shooting the **** and I heard the story of for 25 cents you could get a bath, dinner and haircut!! I guess those Jackson sodas were scarce even then, as no one I know up here has found one.  If anyone else has, do let me know. The one my digging buddy found was dug behind an old home about a mile from me.  There is a privy on their land too, which we tried to get permission to dig. However, the young fellow who restored the house over the past few years, had new electrical service put in, and it goes right through (under the ground though) the old outhouse!! So, he has not even torn it down!  Knowing the quality of bottles which came from his woods (that hutch for one), right behind the privy, I can well imagine there might be some treasures in that outhouse! I guess they will stay, untouched.

          I am sure there are books on some of the state hutches.  Being I am not up on them, I really cannot say.

          Pam

          Austin's Soda Saloon <hutchlord@yahoo. com> wrote:
          Pam

          Glad you liked it....that part of the video is a little humorous :) everyone likes that part. It illustrates my frustration of finding almost NOTHING in 2005, however i think was the year I found my best stoneware piece! I see I have a few errors in the video too! Oh well I did it all in five-six hours!!

          Austin
          PS. You know someone named Pete Mechloch (I dont have the last name right) He used to collect quarts and PA hutches. I think he was up to 1200 hutches from Pa alone!! I cant image how many towns there are...hundreds i am sure!! Anyone ever write a book on them??

          Pamela Hegedus <horsesruscindy@ yahoo.com> wrote:
          Hello, Austin:
          I just got finished viewing your video, and have to say I laughed my butt off when you were smacking the dirt, tossing the shovel and had a general tirade, of course, all part of the humour of the video. I see you have quite a collection, and are inspired as many of us, to continue your "quest" at finding more to add.  I know, if I had to find all the Pa. towns which had hutches, it was be quite a task, and one I am not willing to take.  I will stick to my coloured beers from Pa. and Warner Safe bottles--for now.  Thanks for sharing--nice collecting, and interesting video.  Pam (Bottlecindy)

          Austin's Soda Saloon <hutchlord@yahoo. com> wrote:
          Your guess is as good as mine why this wasent workin right...stupid web brosers are giving me alot of grief today...time to go home and look at my bottles :)

          Austin (link is below!!)

          Austin's Soda Saloon <hutchlord@yahoo. com> wrote:
          http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=cMwVanjOQ5s

          Pamela Hegedus <horsesruscindy@ yahoo.com> wrote:
          Austin,
          Could you please send the link again so we can click onto it? Thanks.
          Pam

          Austin's Soda Saloon <hutchlord@yahoo. com> wrote:
          Hello everyone AGAIN! I just took my hutch video off private so everyone can veiw it but I am putting it on private again next week!! So view it now and let me know...its kinda funny and corny, but you will see my one-of-a-kind hutch collection!!

          http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=cMwVanjOQ5s

          minnesota hutchsoda <hutchlord@yahoo. com> wrote:
          Hello Pam. I don't have any now, but you never know. Have you ever even heard of a blob top from Rothwell & Austin? The two I know of via ebay came from the Pa area or possibly Ohio too! Well lets keep talking!

          Austin

          Pamela Hegedus <horsesruscindy@ yahoo.com> wrote:
          Austin:
          I collect Pa. blob beers, but mostly the colored ones.  If it says Pa. I may be interested. I try to stick with the unusual colors like citron, amber, yellows, those turning amethyst, etc. If you come across any of the beers (not sodas) like this which are from Pa. and say so, do keep me in mind.

          Thanks.
          Pam (Bottlecindy)

          minnesota hutchsoda <hutchlord@yahoo. com> wrote:
          hey everyone i sent out my bottle video to the group again but it has not come through
          yet :( well see! Oh yeah...did my question get through to everyone on the blob soda?? I didnt get any responses to it!

          Austin

          Never Miss an Email

          Minnesota Hutches Wanted! 73 of the 90 towns in Minnesota and counting. The most complete town-by-town to date! Hutchlord@yahoo. com

          always stay connected to friends.

          Minnesota Hutches Wanted! 73 of the 90 towns in Minnesota and counting. The most complete town-by-town to date! Hutchlord@yahoo. com

          Minnesota Hutches Wanted! 73 of the 90 towns in Minnesota and counting. The most complete town-by-town to date! Hutchlord@yahoo. com

          Looking for earth-friendly autos?

          Minnesota Hutches Wanted! 73 of the 90 towns in Minnesota and counting. The most complete town-by-town to date! Hutchlord@yahoo. com

          Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
          in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

          always stay connected to friends.

          Minnesota Hutches Wanted! 73 of the 90 towns in Minnesota and counting. The most complete town-by-town to date! Hutchlord@...

          Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
          in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

        • Pamela Hegedus
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 1 9:19 PM
            Austin:
            If I see Earl again (I did not have a digital camera at the time we were digging together) I will snap a shot of his Jackson Pa. hutch. As I remember it, it is light aqua, almost clear.  I know it said Jackson Pa. but forget the name of the person/business.  I will try and contact him, as now it has my interest again.  I have found quite a few local, common hutches from our area, but when I dug as a kid in the southeastern part of Pa.( a town called Ambler Pa. although I lived in the country section, not the town itself) I do not recall finding many hutchinson sodas. I found lots of cool, colored blobs, squat and the pony sized sodas and beers, but not a one hutch.  Up here, we often find them, especially in the dump site we are digging regularly. I recognize the names and know they are pretty common ones, yet still desirable.  We also find some NY hutches here as well, being we are so close to the NY line.

            I will let you know if any interesting, unusual ones show up this spring when we dig.

            Pam

            Need Mail bonding?

          • Austin's Soda Saloon

              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 12 5:09 PM
                Thank you Jim Sorry for my spelling not my best thing to do.Whin I
                get moved I will try my hand at making me somthing to clean my
                bottles.I am moving from Arkansas to Michigan. I hope the bottle
                hunting is as good.I have asked questions before on hear and never
                got a respons. I was begining to think every one was stuck up.I have
                bin hunting for 7 years now and have about 2000 bottles to thin out
                before I move. For the past two days I have bin sorting thrue about
                400 that came from a dump around 1880. dug it for 4 months. Good
                days. Thank you again and Thank you every one else I enjoy the picks
                and the stories. Oh put a couple of picks of a couple I found
                yesterday That i did not know I had.

                - In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, Jim Sinsley <jsinsley38@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Jerry:
                >
                > You didn't get much of a reply so I will try to help.
                >
                > Bottle cleaners / tumblers are sort of like a rock tumbler to
                polish the sickness off bottles. (Inside and / or outside) They are
                usually a PVC tube into which you secure a bottle, top and bottom,
                fill the tube about half full with polishing compound, add some
                copper wire pieces, cap the ends of the tube and rotate by motor. It
                usually takes from a few days to a few weeks to complete the job. It
                actually takes off a very thin layer of glass so it can be over done.

                > Of course this is an over simplication of the process but it
                should give you the idea. Hope it helps some.

                > Jim Sinsley botlguy
                >

                > Jerry <nightcryer40@...> wrote:
                > Can some one tell me how this tumbling bottles to clean
                them works. I
                > have about a 1000 i would like to look better than they do but i
                can
                > not aford to have it done. Plus ther is no place around hear that
                you
                > can get it done.If i had a general idea how this proces works I
                think
                > it would help.
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                > Looking for earth-friendly autos?

              • Jim Lockmiller
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 12 7:35 PM
                  Hi Jerry,

                  Where in Michigan are you coming?  I'm in Battle Creek and even though I don't dig much anymore due to a severly messed up back, I can tell you that there is good digging here.

                  Jim Lockmiller  <Manbear>

                  Jerry wrote:

                  I am moving from Arkansas to Michigan.

                  .

                • Jerry
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 15 6:12 PM
                    Hi Jim
                    I am moving to Weidman. I looked on my atlas But cant find
                    Battle Creek. If you are close maby we can get together and compare
                    collections. I am looking forward to new places to dig but not the
                    cold.

                    --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, Jim Lockmiller
                    <manbear@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Jerry,
                    >
                    > Where in Michigan are you coming? I'm in Battle Creek and even
                    though I
                    > don't dig much anymore due to a severly messed up back, I can tell
                    you
                    > that there is good digging here.
                    >
                    > Jim Lockmiller <Manbear>
                  • Austin's Soda Saloon
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 16 2:23 PM
                      if I remember right thats near Mt Pleasant, I wrote a story that took place near that town...never been there. Battle Creek is in the lower part of the state right? I am guessing they are somewhat close to each other.