bottle with three rings around neck

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      I recently acquired (through e-bay) an unusual bottle. It is 9 inches
      tall and has these three rings going up its neck. The top or lip of
      the bottle is very thick/bulbous looking. Its clear with no bubbles in
      the glass itself. The bottom is concave going into the bottle and I
      can not see any mold markings going up the bottle. The bottle is very
      heavy, made of thick glass I guess. I will post a picture. Is this
      old? And what was it used for???? The neck is short (about 3
      inches).There are no markings of any kind on the bottle. No numbers or
      letters of any kind. Any ideas??? Thanks Scott S