first post

  • fudgebo
    Message 1 of 1102 , May 8, 2000
      Well this is a first for me so bear with me if I
      appear to be a half bubble out of plumb. I just came
      from the club photos and was disappointed in no being
      able to post a photo of another bottle. Something
      wrong with my url or something.<br>Anyway I am itching
      to go to an old plantation house dating from 1800 or
      before to dig an outhouse site that I located on a
      previous foray. If it isn`t too grown up already. Things
      grow quickly and thickly here in South Carolina.<br>I
      have to build a horse pen first, then my wife said I
      could go.I don`t have to go to work til Fri. so I may
      have a day to spend on it. Guess I`d better get at it
      so I can go dig. Later
    • garrett helms
      Message 1102 of 1102 , Mar 2, 2006
        --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Rector
        <mister_monkeyboy13@...> wrote:

        > --- garrett helms <read_red_black@...> wrote:
        >
        > > --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, BSassy2
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Very disappointed in the dig...there were lots of
        > > > little spots where people had dumped, but too
        > > recent for
        > > > any good finds, just recyclable soda bottles and
        > > > junk. I did find one "no deposit no return" Dr.
        > > Pepper
        > > > bottle...haven't seen one of those in years. It's
        > > clear and has
        > > > the circle with 10-2-4 in it. If anyone knows the
        > > > date on this, please leave me a message. Better
        > > luck
        > > > next time....
        > > >
        > > this bottles were around in the mid 1950's
        > >
        > > Howdy,
        > I thought the DR Peppers were a little later like
        > the mid 60s up to about 1970.
        > Monk
        > >i have two of the same bottles and a picture that is dipicting
        a1950s general store and on the wall is a dr pepper cap with 10,2,4
        on it