Sun Drug Co and Grape Cure

  • g_hess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2005
      2 bottles I was trying to find some info on.

      The first is 3 1/2" clear , flat tooled lip medicine embossed THE SUN
      ( winged mortar surrounded by sun symbol) DRUG CO. vertically on one
      side and The Sun Drug Co. across the shoulder on the back. It has a
      paper label for Oil of Eucalyptus from the sun drug company... Los
      Angelos, Long Beach, Pasadena, ... and a couple other CA cities. I
      have seen some other Sun Drug bottles that were pretty rare but never
      saw one this size. Maybe some Ca collectors out there have some
      info.
      http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/upfiles/2973/Hf10122.jpg
      http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/upfiles/2973/Db86218.jpg

      The other bottle is a Dr Bakers Grape Cure. Amber and about 8 1/2
      tall with tooled lip. It has box and paper label. I have seen several
      articles about this cure but no information about how rare the bottle
      is. It doesnt seem to be in Agee's Collecting All Cures book.

      -matt