various topics

  • lorax@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2004
      First I'd like to welcome Steve back to health and happiness and
      activity here at bottlecollectors. Also wish to welcome all of our
      new members! Thank you for joining and posting questions, stories
      and pix in the photo albums.

      Next, we have to do some house keeping in the photo albums. We were
      up to our limit of 30 MB. A new member Sarah wished to upload some
      pix and she couldn't. I went through and deleted some of my older
      pix, anything older than a year old got dumped from various albums
      all of my heartbreakers got trashed. I also deleted some HUGE pix,
      well, only the full sized versions. This is what I did... I clicked
      Photos then when that was loaded I clicked List. That changes from
      thumbnail to a list that shows detail info like size of folder and
      how many items are in the album folder and when the folder was last
      modified(usually meaning when a pix was last added or removed). I
      then clicked on the photo files that showed larger than 180 kb. When
      they came up I clicked on "full size" when full size photo finished
      to load) I deleted full size only. This freed up ALOT of space! But
      there are still plenty of really old pix and folders of pix that
      folks could either diminish or delete to make room for new members
      pix or even their own new pix. Lets git-rid-o the old stuff, say
      June of '03 and older. I'll give till the following Sunday, Dec
      11th, for folks to come and take their photos that are old if they
      want to save them. On Monday night either Jim or myself will delete
      any photo that is June 03 or older.

      Another thought occured to me that we haven't had a meet and greet
      in a while. Many of our new members post a message introducing them
      selves and explaining what they are interested in or what they hope
      to accomplish here. Thats grrreat! LOL - But we haven't had a CHAT
      inna Lonnnnng time! So, We'll have TWO! I figure that one time and
      night won't be good for everybody so, We can try Saturday night @
      8:00 pm NYC time, and Sunday afternoon/early evening 5:00 pm NYC
      time. I hope to be able to make both... we'll see, but at least
      y'all can get t'gether and trade recipes and bottle findin stories
      and what-not. We used to have a ton-o-fun in the good old days, we
      can again in the good new days [:^).

      Thanx to all the members who've been keeping active here! Lets get
      some more activity going. I recently pulled out of storage abunch of
      my rubbermaid tubs full of bottles and opened them up. I forgot half
      of the bottles that were there! I will post a picture of what I
      found real soon (maybe tomorrow)! I will also be listing bottles for
      sale or trade here and on eBad. I expect to restart the message
      board bottle raffle games as well. Beginning with the original one
      that started it all a couple of years ago the "Santa's Naughty and
      Nice" posts. Check the messages archives for that topic and see what
      comes up. Read the messages to see who won the Christmas raffle
      bottle.

      OK, enuff from me for now... I expect to see alot of you at the
      message board. ps; if you delete your photos just leave a quick
      message stating such, just to help Jim and I keep aware - thanx

      I will post a photo on the home page of the bottle that will be the
      raffle bottle to win.

      Merry Christmas and lets git-R-dun ,
      Freddy
    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2004
        Hi Freddy,
        Just a quick note to let you know, that I've deleted some old
        dusty pictures to make some room. I hope everyone has a Wonderful
        Holiday Season. John

        --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, lorax@o... wrote:

> [...]
        half
        > of the bottles that were there! I will post a picture of what I
        > found real soon (maybe tomorrow)! I will also be listing bottles
        for
        > sale or trade here and on eBad. I expect to restart the message
        > board bottle raffle games as well. Beginning with the original one
        > that started it all a couple of years ago the "Santa's Naughty and
        > Nice" posts. Check the messages archives for that topic and see
        what
        > comes up. Read the messages to see who won the Christmas raffle
        > bottle.
        >
        > OK, enuff from me for now... I expect to see alot of you at the
        > message board. ps; if you delete your photos just leave a quick
        > message stating such, just to help Jim and I keep aware - thanx
        >
        > I will post a photo on the home page of the bottle that will be

      • Jim Sinsley
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2004
          Welcome back Steve and Freddy;

          It has been awhile since our list owner Fred Ashplant has been able to be with us much and it is a pleasure to have him back. For those of you newer members who may not know the set up, Fred is the List Owner and Moderator. I, Jim "botlguy" Sinsley, was appointed Moderator to help keep the list going and cleaned up, etc.  I do not have the expertise of Fred but do my best to keep things on an even keel. I will assist Fred or any of the rst of you in any way I can.

          I am a bit unfamiliar with the "Good and Bad" deal, what is that for or about? I have lots of stories about collecting and digging but they are mostly from years ago. I have been collecting bottles for 40 years and am still active although I don't get to dig much any more. Now I dig with the silver pick I keep in my pocket book ;-)

          I have been asking for more participation from the group, maybe now that Freddy is more active we'll get more going. I'll edit my pictures and try to add some new stuff. You all take a look at your pictures and clean out any of the WAY OLD stuff but add new things. I might suggest that if you have more than one file you might want to consolodate them at this time.

          Take care and enjoy the list, participate when the spirit moves.

          Jim "botlguy" Sinsley    Moderator

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • lorax@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
            --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, Jim Sinsley
            <jsinsley38@y...> wrote:
            > Welcome back Steve and Freddy;

            > It has been awhile since our list owner Fred Ashplant has been
            able to be with us much and it is a pleasure to have him back. For
            those of you newer members who may not know the set up, Fred is the
            List Owner and Moderator. I, Jim "botlguy" Sinsley, was appointed
            Moderator to help keep the list going and cleaned up, etc. I do not
            have the expertise of Fred but do my best to keep things on an even
            keel. I will assist Fred or any of the rest of you in any way I can.

            AND YOU'VE BEEN DOING A SUPER NICE JOB! thank you Jim for the
            help,I'm glad I asked you to be moderator, its been a pleasure
            reading your posts and watching you steer this boat. I like those
            bottles you've got posted in photos.
            I've no idea how long I'll be unemployed but hope to be back to work
            soon.

            > I am a bit unfamiliar with the "Good and Bad" deal, what is that
            for or about? I have lots of stories about collecting and digging
            but they are mostly from years ago. I have been collecting bottles
            for 40 years and am still active although I don't get to dig much
            any more. Now I dig with the silver pick I keep in my pocket book ;-)
            THE NAUGHTY OR NICE IS SIMPLY A MESSAGE BOARD GAME. Its design is
            simple folks post a message declaring their supposed( hee hee)
            niceness or naughtiness in regards to what-ever they wish... and
            then I have someone randomly pick a number when this game ends and
            the corresponding number to member whose posted wins a bottle. I
            assign the numbers randomly to each member that post a message, this
            keeps it completely fair and random. Reading archived messages for
            Dec 02, March Madness 02 or 01 not certain will make it come clear.
            Cher won a bottle, digger10010 won a bottle there are others that
            don't spring to mind.
            > I have been asking for more participation from the group, maybe
            now that Freddy is more active we'll get more going. I'll edit my
            pictures and try to add some new stuff. You all take a look at your
            pictures and clean out any of the WAY OLD stuff but add new things.
            I might suggest that if you have more than one file you might want
            to consolodate them at this time.

            > Take care and enjoy the list, participate when the spirit moves.
            >
            > Jim "botlguy" Sinsley Moderator

            Thanx again for the activity and the help and definately enjoy this
            club !
            Happy Holidays
            FreddyTheTreeGuy

            > , go to:

            Service.

            > Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn
            more.