Re: Log Cabin Bottle Mystery

  • FreddyTheTreeGuy
    Message 1 of 1102 , Mar 1, 2000
      Welcome to the club Jason!<br>What you have is a
      1960's or 70's bottle. Super job describing it! I have
      found these when looking for old surface dumps- and its
      appearance usually means very late period (they are often
      found with Dazzle bottles and Clorox bottles and also
      those light green lemon juice bottles). They are not
      bad bottles, just not too good either [:o/(current
      value wise). I am not aware of anybody currently
      collecting them- you may be the first! [:o)<br>As far as
      value goes...ummm $1 (maybe) But hey, there are other
      treasures out there waiting for you to find them. Don't get
      discouraged and give up, besides just because its not old or
      doesn't have a popular following, doesn't mean someone
      can't find it interesting and enjoy it. The point
      is...collect what YOU like. If you like the Log Cabin Syrup
      bottle then it has value to you.<br>Keep on
      collecting!<br>Freddy
    • garrett helms
      Message 1102 of 1102 , Mar 2, 2006
        --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Rector
        <mister_monkeyboy13@...> wrote:

        > --- garrett helms <read_red_black@...> wrote:
        >
        > > --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, BSassy2
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Very disappointed in the dig...there were lots of
        > > > little spots where people had dumped, but too
        > > recent for
        > > > any good finds, just recyclable soda bottles and
        > > > junk. I did find one "no deposit no return" Dr.
        > > Pepper
        > > > bottle...haven't seen one of those in years. It's
        > > clear and has
        > > > the circle with 10-2-4 in it. If anyone knows the
        > > > date on this, please leave me a message. Better
        > > luck
        > > > next time....
        > > >
        > > this bottles were around in the mid 1950's
        > >
        > > Howdy,
        > I thought the DR Peppers were a little later like
        > the mid 60s up to about 1970.
        > Monk
        > >i have two of the same bottles and a picture that is dipicting
        a1950s general store and on the wall is a dr pepper cap with 10,2,4
        on it