Re: [Bottle Collectors] Help on Coca Cola Bottle

  • David Whitten
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hi Leslie,
      With the google.com search engine I found a brief mention of your bottle
      on "Cokegirl's" website on soda bottles, but it gives little info.

      http://www.angelfire.com/pop2/collectorscorner/flavorbott.html
      (Warning: this site is heavy on "popups"!!)

      It does have a photo and confirms the bottle is from Rome, Georgia. Does it
      have a tooled lip or is it machine-made? If it is machine-made the side mold
      seams will go completely up and over the lip of the bottle. In any case it
      is probably 1900-1915 era.
      The CBG Co marking is presumably the glass company that actually made the
      bottle, although I have not found a factory with those initials that would
      be a possible maker.
      Besy regards-
      David

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        Leslie, I was going to suggest you try Cokegirl's site,also. I
        posted a question on a Pin-Ap-Ola bottle I had dug,and after 3 or 4
        weeks someone emailed me a link with info on the bottle. Coca Cola
        bottlers had so many variations before the hobble skirt bottles.
        Good luck - - - seadig(Steven)