wow this club has really come to sleep!

  • freddythetreeguy
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2002
      Hi gang, I've been busy posting auctions and trying to start a web
      site for my local bottle club. The eBay is going well, the web site
      is killing me!
      I want to get something started here so, lets talk about summer
      finds!
      Every member that posts a little something here and/or in the photo
      album regarding something they dug, bought, found, traded for...
      what-ever, gets their name put in a "hat". Then when this thread is
      through (next Saturday night the 26th at 10 pm est)I'll have a
      member pick a number and one of you will be a winner! Actually every
      one that participates will be a winner, but only one member will
      get.... a Yonkers NY blob top beer bottle! I took a photo of the
      bottle and it'll be the club photo this week.
      So, lets hear it folks whadja find this summer?!
      Freddy
    • watchbay
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 28, 2002
        Hey Freddy, who won the summer finds contest? My best summer find
        this year was from a local dump yielding 1888 to 1920ish trash. It
        is embossed Frank Tea & Spice Co. Cinti. Ohio on back and Dove Brand
        (2 doves on branch) 6oz. prepared mustard. Not that old but an
        unusual find for me. It looks nice inside. Mommy won't let me bring
        many bottles inside but she made an exception for this one. I put a
        picture in the Photos Album if anyone is interested.

        Watchbay

        PS Scanner doesn't do well on round jars.

        --- In bottlecollectors@y..., freddythetreeguy <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hi gang, I've been busy posting auctions and trying to start a web
        > site for my local bottle club. The eBay is going well, the web site
        > is killing me!
        > I want to get something started here so, lets talk about summer
        > finds!
        > Every member that posts a little something here and/or in the photo
        > album regarding something they dug, bought, found, traded for...
        > what-ever, gets their name put in a "hat". Then when this thread is
        > through (next Saturday night the 26th at 10 pm est)I'll have a
        > member pick a number and one of you will be a winner! Actually
        every
        > one that participates will be a winner, but only one member will
        > get.... a Yonkers NY blob top beer bottle! I took a photo of the
        > bottle and it'll be the club photo this week.
        > So, lets hear it folks whadja find this summer?!
        > Freddy
      • freddythetreeguy
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2002
          Hey everybody, sorry I disappeared for a couple of days there! I
          want to thank all the club members that were active here with posts
          of pix and messages. So, to thank y'all I've decided to include
          everyone in the raffle! We had eleven members active so, someone
          just pick a number from 1 to 11 and post it in the next message and
          I'll let you all know who the winner is.
          Freddy

          --- In bottlecollectors@y..., watchbay <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hey Freddy, who won the summer finds contest? My best summer find
          > this year was from a local dump yielding 1888 to 1920ish trash.
          It
          > is embossed Frank Tea & Spice Co. Cinti. Ohio on back and Dove
          Brand

        • Jim Sinsley
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 2002
            Hi group:

            This is my first real post. I want to get in on the drawing. My number is
            #11.

            My best find this summer was found in Salmon, Idaho. We were heading for
            the Insulator National meet in Ft. Collins, Colorado and stopped at a
            really neat Bed & Breakfast. The house is an old Victorian era place and
            the owner has it decorated with antiques. We got to talking about bottles
            and she said she had some out in the shed. Upon looking at them I
            discovered 4 I was interested in and she said she would sell them. The one
            I was most interested in is a SAMUEL BROS. AND CO. square 1/5, Barnett
            #712, in a beautiful Orange Amber and hammer whittled. I didn't get a
            steal of a deal but did pay under book value.

            If someone can give me a clue as to how to post pictures where everyone
            can view them I will post a picture of the whiskey and of an ink I would
            like help identifying. Thanks. Jim Sinsley

            --- freddythetreeguy <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > Hey everybody, sorry I disappeared for a couple of days there! I
            > want to thank all the club members that were active here with posts
            > of pix and messages. So, to thank y'all I've decided to include
            > everyone in the raffle! We had eleven members active so, someone
            > just pick a number from 1 to 11 and post it in the next message and
            > I'll let you all know who the winner is.
            > Freddy
            >
            > --- In bottlecollectors@y..., watchbay <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > Hey Freddy, who won the summer finds contest? My best summer find
            > > this year was from a local dump yielding 1888 to 1920ish trash.
            > It
            > > is embossed Frank Tea & Spice Co. Cinti. Ohio on back and Dove
            > Brand

            http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
          • freddythetreeguy
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2002
              OK, thank you Mr. Sinsley (Mr. 145) You were definately already in
              the drawing. And now because you picked number eleven we have a
              winner and the name is......Zenbeer! Congratulations to Scott and if
              he contacts me via e-mail(click on my name and you'll go to my yahoo
              profile page, there is an e-mail link there) {in the club format
              there was a "contact moderator" link on the home page} with his
              mailing address, the blobtop beer from Yonkers NY will be on its way
              by the weekend.
              Thank you all for having a little fun here and we'll have another
              one in a couple of weeks. I'll address the photo posting issue in
              the next message.
              Freddy

            • Pamela Hegedus
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 29, 2002
                Hi, Group:
                I am new to this club, and have been collecting bottles, digging, etc for over 35 yrs now. I live in the northeastern Pa. area. but my home town was Ambler Pa. I dug there, and even began riding a bike to go digging. My "best" dig and bottle was in an old woods where we found some iron pontilled colored sodas---in excellent condition, and then open pontilled bottles--medicines, inks etc. and an unlisted cobalt blue graphite pontilled soda---wrote "Dear Dug" through the once publication, "The Old Bottle Magazine" (excellent maz in the 70's) and was told back then it would bring $150! That was in 1972 or so! I traded it for some black glass at our bottle show....Sadly to say. That was my best dug bottle.
                Here, in northeastern Pa. digging is not too great...went today and found an old amber embossed local beer, with the "s" backwards, a milk bottle, a food-peppersauce, and a pink depression glass cup. My digging buddy metal detected and found an 1930--quarter and an Buffalo head nickel. It is soon to snow up here---expecting an inch or two tonight, where we are in the mountains. I dread the winter, and being stuck in.....the ground freezes here, and we sometimes have snow from Thanksgiving to April.

                I also just parted with a rare, open pontilled cobalt blue flask...was given to me by a friend of my mother, who had it in her family (was apparently her grandmother's) and used for putting a fresh flower in!! I got a decent price on e-bay!! I miss it though...LOL.

                Anyhow, what is this raffle about? I will join in if someone tells me what it about.

                Happy digging....

                Cindy (Pam) Hegedus

                #712, in a beautiful Orange Amber and hammer whittled. I didn't get a