New Pictures, large surface dump

  • dangrv2
    Message 1 of 1102 , Jun 2, 2001
      Hello all! I finaly recieved my digital camera.
      Now I can share my diggings with all of you. This
      dump is producing bottles from the late 1800s to the
      1950s. 1920s seem to be the larger percentage. Up to now
      , we have about 6 Saturdays invested in the dig.
      We've dug 20 dairies- Warners Red Lion,Pa., Gailey Ice
      Cream Co. Delta,Pa., C. G. Grove Crystal Springs Dairy,
      York Sanitary Milk Co. York,Pa., Albert Arnold Clear
      Springs Dairy, Shaffers Dairy Dallastown,Pa.<br>As well
      as a York Brewing Co. blob top, and crown top.
      Several Mason jars, local meds, a hock wine and other
      misc. bottles. What a surprize to find an undug surface
      dump right along a busy road. Enjoy the pics!<br>And I
      was just about clear of Poison Oak stemming from my
      last visit.(itch,itch,scratch,scratch)<br>Look under
      "Dans Diggins"<br>Dan
    • garrett helms
      Message 1102 of 1102 , Mar 2 7:14 PM
        --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Rector
        <mister_monkeyboy13@...> wrote:

        > --- garrett helms <read_red_black@...> wrote:
        >
        > > --- In bottlecollectors@yahoogroups.com, BSassy2
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Very disappointed in the dig...there were lots of
        > > > little spots where people had dumped, but too
        > > recent for
        > > > any good finds, just recyclable soda bottles and
        > > > junk. I did find one "no deposit no return" Dr.
        > > Pepper
        > > > bottle...haven't seen one of those in years. It's
        > > clear and has
        > > > the circle with 10-2-4 in it. If anyone knows the
        > > > date on this, please leave me a message. Better
        > > luck
        > > > next time....
        > > >
        > > this bottles were around in the mid 1950's
        > >
        > > Howdy,
        > I thought the DR Peppers were a little later like
        > the mid 60s up to about 1970.
        > Monk
        > >i have two of the same bottles and a picture that is dipicting
        a1950s general store and on the wall is a dr pepper cap with 10,2,4
        on it