Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale is Saturday, April 27!

  • Scott Knudsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17 9:34 PM
      The spring Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale will be held Saturday, April 27, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.  This is the tenth year and 20th occurrence for this twice-a-year, non-profit, community plant sale.  A record 16 vendors from four states will be hosted this time!

      I've updated the website with flyers to promote the sale and with a printable vendor list.  The 16 vendors who will be hosted on April 27 are:

      Atlantic Star Nursery
      Beech Tree Farm
      Bill & Martha Boone
      Carnivorous Plant Nursery
      Charles Racine Co.
      Environmental Concern
      Go Native Tree Farm
      Green and Sticky
      Grounds For Nature
      Hill House Farm & Nursery
      Lou Aronica
      Keystone Wildflowers (new vendor)
      Kollar Nursery
      Morningside Farm & Nursery
      Mostly Edibles
      Nature By Design

      You'll find contact information for these vendors at http://home.earthlink.net/~sknudsen/id3.html.  (A downloadable list is at the second link from the bottom of the page.)  Please contact them for advance orders, which helps them to "bring what you want and not bring what you don't want" (to quote one of them).

      Please pass this email along to your interested friends!  This sale depends almost entirely on word-of-mouth support.  Thanks for helping to spread the word!

      If you got this email from someone else and want to be added to the email notification list, please send an email to sknudsen@... and type "Add me to native plant sale list" in the subject line.  Alternatively, you can "like" Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ParkfairfaxNativePlantSale to receive advance notices of these sales.

      Lastly, I want to give the address and general directions to the sale, in case the website closes for exceeding its maximum capacity of pageviews (as happened twice in the last four sales).  The sale is held in the parking lot at 3601 Valley Drive, Alexandria, VA  22302.  Here are simple directions:  Parkfairfax is located inside the I-495 Beltway, across I-395 from Shirlington.  From I-395, exit Shirlington/Quaker onto Quaker.  At the first light on Quaker, turn left onto Preston.  Follow Preston to Valley and turn left on Valley.  Sale will be past Gunston on your right.

      Cheers,
      Scott Knudsen
      Organizer, Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale

      703-671-8416
      571-232-0375 (cell)
      sknudsen@...

    • Scott Knudsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2013
        Save the date!  The fall Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale is Saturday, September 28, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.  This will be the tenth anniversary and the 21st occurrence of this twice-a-year, non-profit, community plant sale.  Over a dozen vendors from four states will be hosted!

        Please pass this email along to any interested friends!  This sale depends almost entirely on word-of-mouth support.  Updated flyers for this sale are available at http://home.earthlink.net/~sknudsen/id1.html .  Thanks for helping to spread the word!

        P.S.  If you got this email from someone else and want to be added to the notification list for this native plant sale, please send an email to sknudsen@... and type "Add me to native plant sale list" in the subject line.  Alternatively, you can "like" Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ParkfairfaxNativePlantSale to receive advance notices of these sales.