(BSW) Next meeting Sept. 6 + VA Native Plant Sept. 16-18

  • Kathy Bilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      Sorry for the somewhat late notice. This ended up in my postponed mail
      and stayed there for a time...

      This coming Tuesday is the first Tuesday of the month, and being
      September, it means it's time for the annual Members' Night BSW meeting.

      Date: Tuesday, September 6th 7:00 PM

      Topic: The September meeting is Members' Night!

      Several members will be giving 5-10 minute presentations on various
      topics.

      As in the past, our September "Members' Night" will provide an opportunity
      for several members to share some of their botanical travel or research
      slides, or to present other short subjects (10 minutes or less) to which
      this format is especially suited. Members who plan to present slides
      should send an email to Christopher Puttock at
      christopher.puttock@....

      There will be a laptop available for powerpoint presentations or other
      digital media that you bring on a CD or USB drive.

      http://www.vnps.org/content/vnps-2011-annual-meeting-wild-places-urban-spaces

      "Wild Places in Urban Spaces"

      The Prince William Wildflower Society invites you to the Virginia Native
      Plant Society Annual Meeting September 16-18, 2011.This year's theme is
      Wild Places in Urban Spaces, emphasizing unique natural areas that are
      surviving in an increasingly developed landscape. To explore this theme we
      will hear Jim McGlone, Urban Forest Conservationist with theVirginia
      Department of Forestry, talk on Friday evening about "Managing Our Forest
      Lands for Ecological Health." On Saturday evening our keynote speaker will
      be Karen Firehock, Director of the Green Infrastructure Center and adjunct
      faculty member at the University of Virginia. Karen will address "Using
      Green Infrastructure Planning to Conserve Native Plant Communities."