(BSW) Project BudBust + Mystery Fruit

  • Kathy Bilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 7:18 PM
      NPR Story about Miracle Fruit: Sideroxylon dulcificum
      http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9264829

      =+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Early in April, a brand new nationwide citizen science project focused in
      large part on native plants and global warming will premiere. Called
      Project BudBurst, this collaborative effort will use the science of
      phenology to begin to track key developmental stages in the growth of a
      large number of native plant species across the country.

      National Wildlife Federation's Wildlife Watch program (April 18-May 12)
      will be encouraging people to participate in BudBurst through the
      inclusion of four of BudBurst's species on our Wildlife Watch list. All
      four we've selected are especially attractive to backyard wildlife. See:
      http://www.windows.ucar.edu/citizen_science/budburst/ Craig NWF's mission
      is to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our children's future.

      Craig Tufts - Chief Naturalist
      Director of Citizen Science Programs
      National Wildlife Federation
      11100 Wildlife Center Drive