Fw: Special Invitation for BSW Members to a Preview of Koshland Science Museum's Infectious Disease Exhibit on March 26

  • Kathy Bilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2007
      Via Julie:

      Hi Julie,

      The Marian Koshland Science Museum of the National Academy of Sciences
      would like to extend a special invitation to Biological Society of
      Washington members to attend the special community preview of our new
      exhibit, Infectious Disease: Evolving Challenges to Human Health, on March
      26 from 3-5 p.m. Could you please share the evite below with your
      membership?

      Also, I would love to discuss the possibilities of arranging a special
      event for your membership at the Koshland Science Museum. We have hosted
      a number of speakers, panel discussions, programs, workshops, and
      receptions at the museum and would enjoy developing an event especially for
      your organization.

      Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or for any
      additional information. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

      Warm regards,
      Deborah

      Deborah J. Danuser
      Media Associate
      Marian Koshland Science Museum of the National Academy of Sciences
      500 Fifth Street NW
      Washington, DC 20001
      202-334-1447 (direct) | 202-334-1548 (fax) | 701-866-8364 (mobile)
      http://www.koshland-science-museum.org | DDanuser@...

      Explore the microbial world we live in... Infectious Disease: Evolving
      Challenges to Human Health exhibit now open!

      | Special Preview |
      |Date: Monday, March 26, 3 - 5 p.m. |Public Opening on
      Saturday, March 31st
      Free |
      |Location: Marian Koshland Science Museum |Admission, Hands-on
      Activities,
      Special |
      | 6th & E Streets, NW |Guest Speakers & More
      |
      | Washington, DC
      |www.koshland-science-museum.org
      Explore the |
      |RSVP: Deborah J. Danuser |microbial world we live
      in and discover the |
      | 202-334-1447 or |harmful?and
      helpful?roles microbes play in |
      |ddanuser@... |human health. Learn
      how new threats emerge |
      | RSVP requested by Friday, |because of microbial
      evolution and how our |
      |March 23. |actions shape the
      control of disease. Probe|
      | |the effect antibiotic
      misuse has on the rise|
      |The Marian Koshland Science Museum of the |of drug-resistant
      bacteria. Investigate |
      |National Academy of Sciences invites you to |where the greatest
      disease challenges are |
      |attend a special community preview of a new |today and how public
      health initiatives, |
      |exhibit, Infectious Disease: Evolving Challenges|vaccinations, and
      treatments can hold hope |
      |to Human Health. |for the future.

      | |

      |Explore the microbial world we live in and find |

      |out how new threats emerge because of microbial |

      |evolution. Examine how our response determines |

      |the spread of disease. |

      | |