637[BSW] Announcement -Flora of Virginia wins CBHL Literature Award

  • Kathy Bilton
    May 5, 2014
      From Robin Everly:
      I just got back from The Council on Botanical and Horticultural Libraries (CBHL) annual meeting in Richmond, Virginia. I have been a member of this group since 2003 and annually we give a literature award to books we find top notch in our field.

      This year that award went to the Flora of Virginia which won our 2014 CBHL Annual Literature Award. The authors were at the reception so it was great to meet them. I was able to share with them that the Smithsonian Libraries' copy of the flora has been in continuously circulation since the library received its copy. That to me is a sign of an important book/flora.
      I will share the press release with the group when it is issued.

      Robin

      Robin A. Everly
      Branch Librarian, Botany-Horticulture Library
      Smithsonian Libraries
      National Museum of Natural History
      Room W422, MRC 154
      P.O. Box 37012