634Reminder that Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale is TOMORROW, Saturday, April 26

  • Scott Knudsen
    Apr 25, 2014
      The spring Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale is tomorrow, Saturday, April 26, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.  This is the 11th year and the 22nd occurrence of this twice-a-year, non-profit, community plant sale.  Fifteen vendors from four states are being hosted!

      We have wonderful weather for this spring sale!  It's the kind of weather that reminds one that spring is the most enjoyable time to plant trees, shrubs, and perennials!

      For anyone who has never seen the sale before, please visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ParkfairfaxNativePlantSale.  I recently uploaded a vendor list for this spring's sale.  Last September, I uploaded 18 photos of the April 2013 sale to give anyone a virtual "walk" through the native plant sale from the south end of the parking lot to the north end.

      Someone has asked me if the vendors will accept credit cards.  To my knowledge, many of the vendors take credit cards, but some do not. They all accept checks.  If you need cash, there is an ATM in Shirlington on S. Quincy Street, across from the WETA building. There are also two banks with ATMs on Fern Street, near the traffic light on Quaker Lane.

      The sale is held in the parking lot at 3601 Valley Drive, Alexandria, VA  22302.  This is in the neighborhood of Parkfairfax (in Alexandria) which is across I-395 from Shirlington.  Directions are on the website at http://home.earthlink.net/~sknudsen/id2.html.

      If the website closes for exceeding its maximum capacity of pageviews (as happens sometimes), here are simple directions:  Parkfairfax is located inside the I-495 Beltway, across I-395 from Shirlington.  From I-395, exit Shirlington/Quaker onto Quaker.  At the first light on Quaker, turn left onto Preston.  Follow Preston to Valley and turn left on Valley.  The sale will be past Gunston on your right.

      See you there!
      Scott Knudsen
      Organizer, Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale

      571-232-0375 (cell)
      sknudsen@...

      P.S.  If you got this email from someone else and want to be added to the notification list for the next sale in September, please send an email to sknudsen@... and type "Add me to native plant sale list" in the subject line.  Alternatively, you can "like" Parkfairfax Native Plant Sale on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ParkfairfaxNativePlantSale to receive advance notices of the sale.

      P.P.S.  Sending email notices has become more difficult as time goes on because it it hard to manage such a large list of addresses and keep track of the changes that people tell me.  I am thinking of using MailChimp to better manage my large list of addresses for individuals and listserv owners.  I would welcome anyone's advice or recommendations on this matter.