Re: OT: Tarot deck

  • ratnap@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
      Many thanks! I will check out one or more of them :)
      -Betsy
    • Lea Adams
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
        > Games People Play on Mass. Ave has them, as does Seven Stars in
        > Central Square.

        So that's where Seven Stars moved to. The last time I was there they were
        still in Harvard Square.

        I firmly recommend Seven Stars. It's where I picked up my dragon tarot
        and the Goddess deck for Eeeeka. (My more traditional deck I picked up at
        the MFA).

        Shawna Lea
      • Dona Cthulhia
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
          Be sure to view images of the various decks online, to see if one
          satisfies you visually. (Googling for "Tarot Deck Images" is not giving
          me any one site that is clearly superior to the rest of the top
          listings)

          Then, with a few specific styles in mind, check them out in person, and
          see if they fit well into your hands and are easy to use, or otherwise
          so beautiful that you'll cope with the inconvenient size.

          Also take into account whether you're using them for games; (i.e.
          Zarcana) or at events that require a certain style, (i.e. needing a
          reproduction of a period deck for SCA or Ren Faire).

          Some new favorites include the Stone Tarot, which is being
          undermarketed but is quite nice. Because the artist's family is local
          to Boston, you can find it locally.

          http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/stone/

          If you're purpose is *reading* the cards, you may have better luck with
          photorealistic decks, like Voyager, Secret Dakini or another of my
          recent finds: The Cosmic Tribe Tarot.

          http://www.stevee.com/

          cheers,
          julia