PICNICON XV: Friday, June 28th at 6:00 pm -> Sunday, June 30th at 6:00 pm

  • anu3bis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2013
      PicniCon XV: Into Dorkness! Well, thank goodness, another Trek movie, so we get
      a good subtitle.

      For our new members, Picnicon is Bostongamers annual gathering, a weekend of
      good games, good friends, and good food!

      WHERE:
      In the home of BostonGamers' benevolent Dictator, Vivian Abraham. We are in
      Somerville, the Gaming Nexus, reasonably close to the T. The address is 11
      Fenwick Street, #2, easily accessible by bus from Sullivan Station and Davis
      Square, a few blocks walk from the bus to/from Lechmere. We have _some_ parking
      available as well. Let us know if you are coming via car in advance, and we can
      arrange for Somerville party permits.

      WHEN:
      Friday, June 28th at 6:00 pm -> Sunday, June 30th at 6:00 pm
      (come early, and you'll get drafted to clean. Stay late, the same)
      (sorry for the odd time this year, the 4th being on a Thursday always mucks
      things up)

      WHAT TO BRING:
      There's both crash space and facilities to cook and store food, so bring
      sleeping bags if you're crashing and either food to cook or money to order out
      or chip in for groceries.

      Viv and I will be cooking and others are welcome to join us. I (Daniel) will
      provide many, many buffalo wings Friday evening, as is traditional. A note on
      alcohol: you are welcome to bring it, we usually have a big game of Baron
      Munchausen one night which involves lots of drinking, but we reserve the right
      to collect keys and/or cut folks off if necessary. Plus, if you bring Sambuca,
      you must take it back with you! We have too much from previous years.

      WHAT TO EXPECT:
      Everyone should come prepared to play and/or run a game, bring board games, or
      do something to make it fun for everyone - unlike many gaming conventions, this
      is a group-participation event, so don't hesitate to join in and plan some
      events! They'll be lots of willing people to help!

      On the slate this year:

      * The traditional (and infamous) late-night Baron Munchausen game (tall tales
      in the grand manner),
      * Circumstances willing, a grand game of Encore, the team singing and lyrics
      game.
      * [insert your game here]

      GAME MASTERS!

      If you want to run a scheduled game at PicniCon, please send me an email with:

      * The name of the game
      * The number of players you want
      * The system
      * If you're using pre-generated characters or want people to bring them
      * How long you expect the game to run

      We'll still have room for pickup games, but we want to put some games on the map
      first.

      LET US KNOW!

      Allergies: There are three cats, one nice (Ivanova), one nippy (Miles), one
      cuddly (Loki). No, you cannot take Loki home. Please notify me of any food
      allergies and/or restrictions, and we'll do our best to accommodate.

      Kids of All Ages: Welcome! The boy plays Ticket To Ride, Innovation, Ingenious,
      Dominion, Rumis, and anything he can get his hands on...and will want to play
      with you. Feel free to play or refuse. [Proud sponsors of the Geek Parent
      Conspiracy]

      Stuff: We are set on folding tables and chairs.

      Games: Bring _some_ games, but not _all_ your games. Feel free to send me a
      list of the games you want to bring, and I'll coordinate to reduce the number of
      multiple copies. For example. we're cool on Cosmic Encounters (the new new one
      with the expansion).

      QUESTIONS?
      Just drop me an email and any difficulties can be overcome.