Gamer Looking For Group

  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012
      My name is Ryan, I've been living in Boston for two years now and I'm looking for a group to join in the Boston Metro area. I do not have a car so my transportation is limited to the T and walking distance but I'm eager to try and find a group that meets regularly.

      I have experience with Unisystem, Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader, and WoD. I also have limited experience with D&D and I am completely willing to learn a whole new system for any game I might be able to join.

      I have some experience as a D/GM although I'd rather play than run if that's possible.

      I hope it's not inappropriate to post a Looking for Group message like this, if it is I apologize and will take it down.

      Thank you

      Ryan

      sirwilson95@...
    • Joseph Teller
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012
        Ryan

        What kind of schedule are you looking for in a game? Week night, Weekend
        day, Weekend evening, specific evenings? Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly?

        What city are you and how far are you willing to commute for a game might
        also be helpful info for folks. (The Boston Gamers emailgroup here has
        folks from Boston, North Shore, South Shore, Central Mass, Western Mass etc
        on it, so this might help folks pinpoint what you are looking for in this
        regards.

        Joe

        On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Ryan <sirwilson95@...> wrote:

        > My name is Ryan, I've been living in Boston for two years now and I'm
        > looking for a group to join in the Boston Metro area. I do not have a car
        > so my transportation is limited to the T and walking distance but I'm eager
        > to try and find a group that meets regularly.
        >
        > I have experience with Unisystem, Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader, and WoD. I
        > also have limited experience with D&D and I am completely willing to learn
        > a whole new system for any game I might be able to join.
        >
        > I have some experience as a D/GM although I'd rather play than run if
        > that's possible.
        >
        > I hope it's not inappropriate to post a Looking for Group message like
        > this, if it is I apologize and will take it down.
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Ryan
        >
        > sirwilson95@...

        Joseph Teller

        Unquietsoul@gmail.c <Unquietsoul@...>om

        www.fantasylibrary.com

      • sirwilson95
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2012
          It was suggested that I clarify my availability and where I'm looking to game so I'm doing so here.

          I live in the Roxbery area in Boston and I'm familiar with the Back Bay, Mission Hill, and Fenway, although I'm willing to commute anywhere with good T access for a game.

          I'm most available weeknights Monday through Wednesday as well as Sunday nights, I would however still be interested to hear about weekend games.

          I'm hoping to find a weekly game if I can though bi-weekly or monthly games work too.

          In particular Monday night games would be the most preferable for me although again, I'm trying to be as flexible as possible in the hopes of finding a game group to join.

          Thanks to everyone,

          Ryan
          sirwilson95@...

        • IGiveIn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2012
            Nah, I think this is what the group pretty much exists for! At least I
            HOPE so, since that was why I joined back when I thought I might have
            time to get into a regular game or two...

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2012
              Definitely well within acceptable use, from what Viv & Dan have said in the
              past. Same with Games Looking for players announcements etc.

              Joe Teller