Winchester 4e group seeking player.

  • Starkad
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2009
      Well, it's that time of the year again, and our group finds itself in need of another player. We've had good success in the past of finding players from here, so we're coming back once more! :)

      About us:
      *Number of players - 5

      *Age of players - Ranging from 33 to 55.

      *When do we play - Wednesday nights from 6pm-10pm

      *Where do we play - Winchester, MA

      *What do we play - Mostly D&D (currently 4e Eberron)

      *Who runs - We have 3 players that switch off, more are certainly welcome.

      *What style of play - To be honest, we used to be RP heavy, but over the years, the group has morphed into more of a tactical gaming style. We use miniatures (between all players, we own thousands of miniatures), battlemats/tact-tiles, dry erase, etc. I would say comcast/tactical heavy describes us well.

      *Why are we looking - One member's work schedule restricts him to about 50% of each session. Another member is traveling to India for work purposes starting in Q1 of '10. Another member is expecting a baby in January.

      *How many players are we looking for - 1 to 2.

      *Social aspect - We're fairly foul mouthed at times, sometimes a little loud, and make some very crude and crass jokes at times. If any of this would offend you, then I would put forth that we may not be a good match. :)

      *Miscellaneous - The person who hosts the game owns two cats. One very friendly, one skittish. If you're heavily allergic to cats, this may not be the game for you.

      What we are seeking:
      One to two players that can provide their own transportation, and be here a vast majority of the time (barring emergencies, of course).
      Folks whose style is more war gaming and/or tactical miniatures than heavy RP would be a better match.
      We welcome new comers or veterans alike, and can provide books and such.
      Our current players involve some rules lawyers, so be warned (though honestly, it isn't too bad - our GMs know when to step in, and the table is good at not letting it bog the games down).

      Drop me a line if interested, or have questions, and we can discuss. I will do my best to respond to all emails (last time I did this, I think 1 or 2 fell thru the cracks, but I got a lot of emails!).

      Thanks!

      Mike
      starkad@...