Interest in a 4e one-shot?

  • m_shields_dunn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
      I am new to 4e and am new to DM'ing and was interested in seeing
      whether a group of folks would like to get together for a quick one-
      shot sometime.

      Details, to the extent they are set in stone:

      1. Day/Time available - I would prefer to do this during the weekend,
      with preference for a Saturday day (but relatively flexible).

      2. Frequency - As of now, just a one-shot.

      3. Location(s) - My preference would be to do this at Pandy as I
      have limited space, but again, flexible on this point.

      4. Committment Level - LOL. It's a one-shot. It's the single M&M of
      gaming...

      5. System - D&D 4e.

      6. People already invited - None (hoping for a group of 3-4).

      7. Setting/Style/Darkness Level/Stuff - Default 4e setting. Setting
      will obviously take a back seat to the adventure itself in the limited
      scope of a one-shot.

      8. Campaign premise / Character creation notes - Pre-gen characters
      will be made available.

      9. Player gaming skill level - I am a new DM, so far be it from me to
      impose a skill level on anyone else. If you want to play, are
      mature, fun to be around, you're welcome to play.

      Feel free to contact me off list as well at mshieldsdunn [AT] mac
      [DOT] com

      Thanks,
      Matt
    • IGiveIn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
        Where are you located and would you be running a packaged module or your own?

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
          I live not far from downtown Boston. In terms of modules, I'm not yet brave enough to try to write my own (again, new DM). I was going to try to find something pre-packaged but short enough to run as a one-shot. Let me know if you have any suggestions on that front.

          -Matt

          On Tuesday, January 06, 2009, at 02:34PM, <IGiveIn@...> wrote:
          >Where are you located and would you be running a packaged module or your own?

        • Steve
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009
            What and/or where is Pandy?

          • IGiveIn@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009
              I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that's shorthand for "Pandemonium Books and Games" in Cambridge.

              I live not far from downtown Boston. In terms of modules, I'm not yet brave enough to try to write my own (again, new DM). I was going to try to find something pre-packaged but short enough to run as a one-shot. Let me know if you have any suggestions on that front.

              -Matt

              On Tuesday, January 06, 2009, at 02:34PM, <IGiveIn@...> wrote:
              >Where are you located and would you be running a packaged module or your own?

            • Joseph Teller
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009
                Pandy is in Cambridge, in Central Square, across from the Post Office. The
                Post Office is on Mass Ave, Pandy is around the corner behind the 7-11 and
                is officially on Pleasant street (I think it's actually the 1st store on
                Pleasant Street) in the building site that was once the Cambrige Arcanum (a
                private lending library, the oldest in Cambridge and I believe once the 3rd
                oldest in the country before it closed) and later the old City Hall
                (replaced by the 'new' city hall on Mass Ave across from the Post Office on
                Mass Ave).

                Central Square is on the Red Line, and on the #1 Bus Route. Pandy is about 1
                Block from the T stop, heading towards Harvard.

                Joe

                Joseph Teller
                Unquietsoul@...
                www.unquietsoul5.livejournal.com