Looking for MB's Hotels

  • maureenrw
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
      Hi,

      Does anyone happen to have an unwanted copy of Milton Bradley's
      boardgame, Hotels? Or just the 3D hotels from it? Please contact me
      offlist if you would be willing to part with it.

      The hotels are perfect for kaiju gaming with Monster Island :)

      Thanks,
      Maureen
    • Wendy
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
        I just did a quick check on eBay and found a guy selling lots of parts for
        Hotels:

        http://search.stores.ebay.com/jjpapi_hotels_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZjjpapiQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ281220331QQsofpZ0

        I'm not sure if any of the listings are what you're looking for, but just
        thought I'd mention it.

        Good luck,
        Wendy

        On 9/3/07, maureenrw <MaureenRW@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Does anyone happen to have an unwanted copy of Milton Bradley's
        > boardgame, Hotels? Or just the 3D hotels from it? Please contact me
        > offlist if you would be willing to part with it.
        >
        > The hotels are perfect for kaiju gaming with Monster Island :)
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Maureen

      • maureenrw
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
          Hi Wendy,

          Thanks for the link, but those prices are too high for me. The
          boardgame itself was a dud, so I'm hoping to find an unwanted copy
          somewhere.

          It came with 30 hotels. So, $2 each isn't bad for someone looking for
          a few replacement pieces. But way too much for getting the whole lot.

          Cheers,
          Maureen

          > I just did a quick check on eBay and found a guy selling lots of
          > parts for Hotels:
        • Joseph Teller
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
            I'm afraid the game itself (Hotels) generally seems to sell for $65-$75 a
            set these days as it evidently has an 80s nostalgia value among collectors
            of such things (published around 1987 I believe).

            Joe

            --
            Joseph Teller
            Unquietsoul@...

          • maureenrw
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
              --- In bostongamers@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Teller" <unquietsoul@...>
              wrote:

              > I'm afraid the game itself (Hotels) generally seems to sell for
              > $65-$75 a set these days as it evidently has an 80s nostalgia value
              > among collectors of such things (published around 1987 I believe).

              Ah, the curse of EBay.

              Fortunately, I just scored and found a cheap copy in the marketplace
              at boardgamegeek.com The box was banged up, and it was missing pieces
              (but only missing 1 of the 30 hotels), so not much collector value.
              The seller was asking $25, but it hadn't sold in a month. I offered
              $12, which was accepted. $22 w/shipping. That was just the sort of
              copy and price range I was hoping for! Looks like a good place to go
              hunting for stuff.

              And in other news, The Firefly Games website is down (Monster Island).
              Their provider unexpectedly went away. Should be up again when they
              find a new one.

              Cheers,
              Maureen