New superhero game at Pandemonium

  • uppityprimate
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      Starting on Tuesday, February 13th, I will be running a short,
      superhero game using the 5th edition HERO rules. This game is open
      to any interested gamer, and is intended to serve as an introduction
      to both the HERO system and to the Western Ave Irregulars. I intend
      for the game to run for at least 4 weeks (possibly quite longer)
      every Tuesday at 6:00 at the Dining Room Table of Doom at Pandemonium
      Books. I will provide dozens of pre-generated characters, templates,
      and examples, and experienced players will have the opportunity to
      create their own characters.

      The setting for the game is technically one of my own design, but
      it should be fairly intuitive to anyone familiar with superhero
      comics. Recently, super-powered people have started popping up all
      over the place. Alien technologies, secret government experiments,
      mystical dabbling, and strange mutations have all caused the world to
      get significantly stranger. And in America, it remains unclear how
      society will cope with the emergence of people with fantastic
      abilities.
      The feel of the game is intended to be moderately serious, but
      not gritty. No martial artist poodles or Man of Spam, please.
      Brightly colored tights are optional...

      So if you're interested in a straight-ahead superhero game, come
      join us. If you wish to join us and have not already let me know, or
      if you have any questions, just drop me an e-mail at
      dljackso13@....

      -Dave Jackson