where have all the good groups gone? (looking for 3.5 game)

  • the_prince0f_denmark
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006
      You know what I miss?

      Doing the DnD thing with the same good-ole chums on a consistant
      basis, plowing through an all nighter (or hell, the whole weekend)
      with some bad food and a really good plot. Taking a character from
      level 1 to level 13. I miss the intrigue of finding out who the REAL
      bad guy is and the unadulturated excitement of an epic battle with
      said-bad guy, who doesn't seem to wanna just stay down. I miss
      playing in the evening, where everything's just a little more
      dramatic. And I miss having a glass of whiskey with rocks and a
      cigarrette right next to my character sheet. I miss the backstory--
      thinking all week about where Jaco MacEvoy really came from; why he
      wears an eye patch and his left ear's cut clean half-way up. And I
      miss that fucking brilliant GM, with that damned malevolent look in
      his eyes.

      Maybe I'm just missing a good game. Anyways. I'm a mid-twenties
      fellah, about a decade of playing exp. All the games I've played
      recently have either fizzled out or been blown to bits. I'm looking
      for a 3.5 game, in
      Boston/Allston/Brighton/Brookline/Cambridge/Somerville/Newton area.

      I'm also looking for players who miss the same things as me--if you
      do, get in touch and we can put something together. I prefer to
      play, but can GM. And I have a few friends that would be more than
      interested in doing the same. Just need 1 or 2 more.

      That's it, sorry about the length! Please email me at the address
      below, not the yahoo addy.

      Patrick
      phanlin@...
      www.myspace.com/imonlysleeping
    • the_prince0f_denmark
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006
        Small revision: I'm totally up for 3.5ed, along with Star Wars and
        modern D20s. If anyone's looking for a player or to start a new
        thing, lez get 'er done.

        Patrick.

        --- In bostongamers@yahoogroups.com, "the_prince0f_denmark"
        <tophat_caper@...> wrote:

        > You know what I miss?
        >
        > Doing the DnD thing with the same good-ole chums on a consistant
        > basis, plowing through an all nighter (or hell, the whole weekend)
        > with some bad food and a really good plot. Taking a character from
        > level 1 to level 13. I miss the intrigue of finding out who the
        REAL
        > bad guy is and the unadulturated excitement of an epic battle with
        > said-bad guy, who doesn't seem to wanna just stay down. I miss
        > playing in the evening, where everything's just a little more
        > dramatic. And I miss having a glass of whiskey with rocks and a
        > cigarrette right next to my character sheet. I miss the backstory--
        > thinking all week about where Jaco MacEvoy really came from; why
        he
        > wears an eye patch and his left ear's cut clean half-way up. And I
        > miss that fucking brilliant GM, with that damned malevolent look
        in
        > his eyes.
        >
        > Maybe I'm just missing a good game. Anyways. I'm a mid-twenties
        > fellah, about a decade of playing exp. All the games I've played
        > recently have either fizzled out or been blown to bits. I'm
        looking
        > for a 3.5 game, in
        > Boston/Allston/Brighton/Brookline/Cambridge/Somerville/Newton
        area.

        > I'm also looking for players who miss the same things as me--if
        you
        > do, get in touch and we can put something together. I prefer to
        > play, but can GM. And I have a few friends that would be more than
        > interested in doing the same. Just need 1 or 2 more.
        >
        > That's it, sorry about the length! Please email me at the address
        > below, not the yahoo addy.
        >
        > Patrick
        > phanlin@...
        > www.myspace.com/imonlysleeping

      • Jason McCollum
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006
          I feel your Jones man. I'm super busy these days so I'm not so sure about playing into the wee hours of the morning or straight on through a weekend. However, I would be up for a 3.5 or GURPS group that met every other Thursday or Sunday evening. I haven't pen and papered in ages and would welcome the opportunity to GM something of moderate merit.

          No smoking in my apartment though *sighs*. Wife makes me smoke my pipe on the stoop.

          BTW I'm in Cambridge about 5 minutes from Harvard T and 10 from Porter T

          <tophat_caper@...> wrote:

          > You know what I miss?
          >
          > Doing the DnD thing with the same good-ole chums on a consistant
          > basis, plowing through an all nighter (or hell, the whole weekend)
          > with some bad food and a really good plot. Taking a character from
          > level 1 to level 13. I miss the intrigue of finding out who the
          REAL
          > bad guy is and the unadulturated excitement of an epic battle with
          > said-bad guy, who doesn't seem to wanna just stay down. I miss
          > playing in the evening, where everything's just a little more
          > dramatic. And I miss having a glass of whiskey with rocks and a
          > cigarrette right next to my character sheet. I miss the backstory--
          > thinking all week about where Jaco MacEvoy really came from; why
          he
          > wears an eye patch and his left ear's cut clean half-way up. And I
          > miss that fucking brilliant GM, with that damned malevolent look
          in
          > his eyes.
          >
          > Maybe I'm just missing a good game. Anyways. I'm a mid-twenties
          > fellah, about a decade of playing exp. All the games I've played
          > recently have either fizzled out or been blown to bits. I'm
          looking
          > for a 3.5 game, in
          > Boston/Allston/Brighton/Brookline/Cambridge/Somerville/Newton
          area.

          > I'm also looking for players who miss the same things as me--if
          you
          > do, get in touch and we can put something together. I prefer to
          > play, but can GM. And I have a few friends that would be more than
          > interested in doing the same. Just need 1 or 2 more.
          >
          > That's it, sorry about the length! Please email me at the address
          > below, not the yahoo addy.
          >
          > Patrick
          > phanlin@...
          > www.myspace.com/imonlysleeping

        • Dan Green
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006
            I'm starting a game soon in winchester on sundays

            read posting 25418

            Dan
          • the_prince0f_denmark
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
              Jason

              Howdy broseph, I emailed you! So...ya know. check it! haha, take er
              easy, hope to hear from ya.

              peas, and carrots. Patrick

              --- In bostongamers@yahoogroups.com, Jason McCollum
              <animusvirtus@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > miss that fucking brilliant GM, with that damned malevolent look
              > in
              > > his eyes.
              > >
              > > Maybe I'm just missing a good game. Anyways. I'm a mid-twenties
              > > fellah, about a decade of playing exp. All the games I've played
              > > recently have either fizzled out or been blown to bits. I'm
              > looking
              > > for a 3.5 game, in
              > > Boston/Allston/Brighton/Brookline/Cambridge/Somerville/Newton
              > area.
              > >
              > > I'm also looking for players who miss the same things as me--if
              > you
              > > do, get in touch and we can put something together. I prefer to
              > > play, but can GM. And I have a few friends that would be more
              than
              > > interested in doing the same. Just need 1 or 2 more.
              > >
              > > That's it, sorry about the length! Please email me at the

            • Michael C
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
                That's weird......I never got it. You want to try resending it?

                -Mike

                the_prince0f_denmark <tophat_caper@...> wrote: Jason

                <animusvirtus@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > miss that fucking brilliant GM, with that damned malevolent look
                > in
                > > his eyes.
                > >
                > > Maybe I'm just missing a good game. Anyways. I'm a mid-twenties
                > > fellah, about a decade of playing exp. All the games I've played
                > > recently have either fizzled out or been blown to bits. I'm
                > looking
                > > for a 3.5 game, in
                > > Boston/Allston/Brighton/Brookline/Cambridge/Somerville/Newton
                > area.
                > >
                > > I'm also looking for players who miss the same things as me--if
                > you
                > > do, get in touch and we can put something together. I prefer to
                > > play, but can GM. And I have a few friends that would be more
                than
                > > interested in doing the same. Just need 1 or 2 more.
                > >
                > > That's it, sorry about the length! Please email me at the

              • crazy4cowbell
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
                  Sorry for the multiple posts, all. Patrick, try sending it to
                  dylanesque27@.... That's my main email address.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 6, 2006
                    Howdy, can anyone that's interested in a weekly game in
                    boston/allston/brighton/cambridge/somerville/brookline/watertown
                    please email me at phanlin@... at yer eeeearliest
                    convenience. I'm putting together a small, probably Gestalt-run
                    group.

                    Hope everyone's chipper! salud, patrick

                    --- In bostongamers@yahoogroups.com, "crazy4cowbell"