New Gamer Arriving Later This Month

  • jaybutton
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
      Hello Everyone,

      My name is Jay and I am a gamer that will be arriving later this
      month to the Boston area. I am thirty-six years old and will be
      attending grad school. I would like to join a weekly gaming group.
      I enjoy both being a gamemaster and a player, but I prefer to start
      off in a new group as a player until I get to know everyone.

      To me, the fun of roleplaying games is all about the story that the
      gamemaster and players create. That means games with interesting
      chararacters and plot. I enjoy some combat, but only as much as is
      required by the story and to keep up the level of exitement.

      I enjoy most of the game systems out there. I have been gaming on
      and off for over twenty-five years, so I have played most of them.
      I enjoy everything from silly games like Paranoia and Kobolds Ate My
      Baby to dark games like Vampire and All Flesh Must Be Eaten. I also
      enjoy fantasy, science fiction and superhero roleplaying games.

      I do pretty well in social circles outside of gaming and hope to
      play with others that also have some social skills. I should be
      arriving in a few weeks. After that, I will have two weeks until
      school starts. It would be great to get in contact with a few
      groups now, so that I can be settled into one by the time school
      starts.

      Looking forward to gaming in Boston,

      Jay Button
      button@...
    • jaybutton
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
        PS

        I should also mention that I am very much looking forward to trying
        out Vampire, the Requiem when that comes out later this month, but I
        am also interested in joining groups that play other games.

        Jay Button
      • balsamicdragon
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
          I don't know if you'll be in town by the time the new WoD line comes
          out, but at least one local store is holding a party and running some
          adventures in the new Vampire setting! I'm sure they'll post details
          on the list later on :)

          Welcome to Bostongamers!

          Viv

          --- In bostongamers@yahoogroups.com, "jaybutton" <jaybutton@y...>
          wrote:
          > PS
          >
          > I should also mention that I am very much looking forward to trying
          > out Vampire, the Requiem when that comes out later this month, but
          > am also interested in joining groups that play other games.
          >
          > Jay Button
        • jaybutton
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2004
            Thanks Vivian! I should be arriving right around August 21st when
            the books are scheduled to be realeased. Which store is it that
            will be holding the party? I have found a few in the Boston area.

            Thanks again for the welcome,

            Jay

            --- In bostongamers@yahoogroups.com, "balsamicdragon"
            <vivian_abraham@h...> wrote:

            > I don't know if you'll be in town by the time the new WoD line
            comes
            > out, but at least one local store is holding a party and running
            some
            > adventures in the new Vampire setting! I'm sure they'll post
            details
            > on the list later on :)
            >
            > Welcome to Bostongamers!
            >
            > Viv
            >
            > --- In bostongamers@yahoogroups.com, "jaybutton" <jaybutton@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > PS
            > >
            > > I should also mention that I am very much looking forward to
            trying
            > > out Vampire, the Requiem when that comes out later this month,
            but
            > > am also interested in joining groups that play other games.
            > >
            > > Jay Button
          • balsamicdragon
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 3, 2004
              wrote:
              > Thanks Vivian! I should be arriving right around August 21st when
              > the books are scheduled to be realeased. Which store is it that
              > will be holding the party? I have found a few in the Boston area.
              >
              > Thanks again for the welcome,
              >
              > Jay

              Pandemonium Books and Games in Harvard Square, but I think their
              party is the evening of the 20th. Hope you can make it!

              Viv
            • Jason Schneiderman
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2004
                > Pandemonium Books and Games in Harvard Square, but I think their
                > party is the evening of the 20th. Hope you can make it!

                She's right, of course. Full announcement to follow shortly, once we get a
                certain message from the folks in Georgia.

                --
                Jason Schneiderman, Games Manager
                Pandemonium Books & Games, 36 JFK Street
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 4, 2004
                  Thanks! I don't know if I will make it to Boston by the 20th. If
                  not, I'll just have to pick it up when I arrive.

                  Thanks again,

                  Jay

                  --- In bostongamers@yahoogroups.com, Jason Schneiderman