Re: OT: Fred Rogers

  • catloaf1221 <fuzzyhohum@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
      i also think it's very sad, he seemed like a nice guy who wanted to
      impart a message of self-worth to children and adults. he was
      frequently parodied and i may have chuckled a few times, but
      attacking symbols of innocence like mr rodgers or barney is a
      symptom of depression and self-loathing. cynical comedians liked to
      imply that his gentle manner was effimenate or that his concern for
      children was unhealthy, and it's just a cheap shot, why not lampoon
      the powerful and corrupt? that takes balls.

      --- In bostongamers@yahoogroups.com, "Michael LaMeyer"