New game

  • dorond@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
      Boston Gamers,

      There is a new table top fantasy roleplaying beginning this
      TUESDAY night in EAST BOSTON Mass. Interested gamers will have the
      chance to playtest and sneak preview a new gaming system which is
      scheduled for printing next summer. Anyone who is interested please
      send yours emails to Dorond@... so that I can chat with you and
      give you directions.

      Thank you very much
      T. Jeveli
    • dan_abraham@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
        So, tell us a little about it!

        While the prospect of playtesting a new game will always get a few
        interested folks, many more are attracted by genre, setting,
        character potential, game designer, whatever.

        For example, if it were a comedy game or had an interesting sanity
        mechanic, I'd be interested. Check out the earlier post on "how to
        post a game" and I think you'll get more responses.

        Subject: GAME ANNOUCEMENT: <TITLE>

        1. Day/Time available: Monday evenings, Tuesdays from 6-11, whatever.

        2. Frequency: Once a week, every other week, every night

        3. Location(s): My place, YMG, "the alston area"

        4. Committment Level: Ranging from "Just show up" to "Prepare a
        detailed character background and history" to "I hope you've read ALL
        of the White Wolf supplements..."

        5. System: D&D 3E, BESM, Toon, Jorune, White Wolf, GURPS, Homebrew
        based on RoleMaster, Theatrix...

        6. People already invited: Agatha, Bill, Christine, Doyle, Edna...

        7. Setting/Style/Darkness Level/Stuff: Superheroes in an alternate
        universe where metas replaced the A-bomb in WW2, during the Korean
        War -- dark, gritty war-time adventure. High adventure in the 1920's
        in the spirit of Indiana Jones and Doc Savage -- tales of two-fisted
        science!

        8. Campaign premise / Character creation notes: "The characters have
        a shared origin based in exposure to Plotonium, the Plot Device
        Element." - "I'll tell you after you make up characters, but make
        sure you have at least some skill in swimming" - "You're the first
        Ghostbusters franchise - come up with a reason why you'd be so
        desperate as to WANT to be a Ghostbuster..."