Re: Liv Tyler

  • Jose Merced
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 1999
      They will be (or are already) filming in New Zealand, hometown of the H&X
      experience. That is my concern.
    • Subconscious Seraphim
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 1999
        On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Jose Merced wrote:

        > From: "Jose Merced" <mech@...>
        >
        > They will be (or are already) filming in New Zealand, hometown of the H&X
        > experience. That is my concern.

        Hmm. Maybe they should film it where all the Troma movies are done,
        instead.

        That would be better.

        Or we could have it in Boston and call it "Good Bilbo Hunting". Wow... I
        completely forgot that a movie's direction was based on its locality
        rather than the people working on it...

        ;)

        Peace,
        John.

        "America is a country filled with people who have run away,
        I'm following them, I'm following you, don't tell me you don't know the
        way..." -The Nields, "Cool In The Backseat"
      • David A DeLuca
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 1999
          Thankyou John. I agree completely. The countryside in New Zealand is
          absolutely magnificent,and sparsely populated. they won't have much
          trouble finding pristine,untouched landscapes. And in defense of Xena
          and Hercules,I think they do a pretty good (ok,fair to middling) job of
          creating scenes. It's a TV show after all. We all LOVED the original Star
          Trek,didn't we. "Quick,shake the camera to simulate a collision!!"
          Finally,part of X and H's appeal for me is their cheesiness. They
          obviously don;t take themselves very seriously at all,and i love it. My
          favorite was the "No giant subterranean reptiles were harmed during the
          filming of this episode" disclaimer they ran at the end of an older
          Hercules episode What worries me the most about the Tolkien movies is
          that the producer is New Zealands slasher flick king...

          On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 08:15:45 -0400 (EDT) Subconscious Seraphim
          <foofoo@...> writes:
          > From: Subconscious Seraphim <foofoo@...>
          >
          > On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Jose Merced wrote:
          >
          > > From: "Jose Merced" <mech@...>
          > >
          > > They will be (or are already) filming in New Zealand, hometown of
          > the H&X
          > > experience. That is my concern.
          >
          > Hmm. Maybe they should film it where all the Troma movies are done,
          > instead.
          >
          > That would be better.
          >
          > Or we could have it in Boston and call it "Good Bilbo Hunting".
          > Wow... I
          > completely forgot that a movie's direction was based on its locality
          > rather than the people working on it...
          >
          > ;)
          >
          > Peace,
          > John.
          >
          > "America is a country filled with people who have run away,
          > I'm following them, I'm following you, don't tell me you don't know
          > the
          > way..." -The Nields, "Cool In The Backseat"

          > ----------------------------
          >
          > Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
          > With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

          > Bostongamers@onelist.com is a general discussion list for
          > Boston-area gamers. Check out our website at
          > http://www.bostongamers.com
        • Jose Merced
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 1999
            Good Bilbo Hunting???? Not a bad idea....

            :-)
          • ELITTLE@xxxxxxxxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 7, 1999
              >I'm too much of a purist when it comes to Tolkien... I wonder what the
              >producers will do to come up with realistic Tolkien elves. And I hope the
              >movie doesn't have the H&X (Hercules and Xena) look!

              Here's what I got from my husband, RE: casting....

              "Lord Of The
              Rings/Hobbit Movie Fact/Rumor Roundup" page
              (http://www.xenite.org/faqs/lotr_movie/). Here's what they say about the
              cast:

              Frodo Baggins Elijah Wood
              Gandalf Ian McKellen
              Samwise Gamgee Sean Astin
              Aragorn Stuart Townsend
              Arwen Liv Tyler
              Bilbo Baggins Ian Holm (Father Vito Cornelius from "The Fifth Element")
              Peregrin Took Billy Boyd
              Meriodoc Brandybuck Dominic Monaghan
              Gimli John Rhys-Davies
              Legolas Orlando Bloom
              Boromir Sean Bean (tentative)
              Saruman Christopher Lee

              The rumors section adds this: "Uma Thurman has supposedly been tapped to
              play Galadriel. Not yet confirmed. Ethan Hawke, her husband, is also
              rumored
              to be up for Faramir."
            • Dec, Andre
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 1999
                [Dec, Andre] (snip)

                > Gimli John Rhys-Davies

                [Dec, Andre] Whoo!

                > Saruman Christopher Lee

                [Dec, Andre] Isn't he dead?

                Ian McKellen has too much time on his hands. Playing Magneto and
                Gandalf. Tch. tch.

                Dre
                Glad to know that Ralph Fiennes is playing two of literatures most
                interesting characters in two moies this fall.
              • Jovin _
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 1999
                  Personally, I very happy with the casting all around.

                  I don't think he's up for it at all, but what does anyone think of Sean
                  Connery as Denethor?

                  Ian McKellen has too much time on his hands. Playing Magneto and
                  Gandalf. Tch. tch.

                  Dre
                  Glad to know that Ralph Fiennes is playing two of literatures most
                  interesting characters in two moies this fall.

                  GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
                  NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR. Apply online today!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 1999
                    Christopher Lee as Saruman!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh YEAH!!!!!! That is what I
                    like!!!!

                    A very happy me!